Skip navigation
iggy3003
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CC won't start

Jun 26, 2013 10:32 AM

I am using the new 27 inch iMac running Mountain Lion. I am a registered Creative Cloud user. I just installed InDesign CC and it will not start. When the splash screen appears, I get the error message in the image below.

I installed it on an identical iMac configured the same way and it runs fine. Any suggestions?

ID error.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to iggy3003

The message is telling you that you don't have administrative permissions to create preferences folders. Try opening Disk Utility in Applications > Utilities and repairing permissions.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

I have done that three times with no change in the message. I have logged out and restarted as well. To no avail.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 12:14 PM   in reply to Ignatius Fay

Try setting up a new user and see if you can install there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Sorry about the confusion. I changed computers and my sign in is different. I am iggy3003.

I did exactly that and it works fine, as does Illustrator, which is also acting up. But all my internet settings, email specs, everything is under the other user. Any idea what might be interferring with InDesign under the first user? Any way to troubleshoot that?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to Ignatius Fay

There is probably some sort of system corruption which is causing the problem. The corruption isn't in the new user.

This is why it's a good idea every couple years to back up everything and erase a disk to get rid of crud and corruption.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Is there an easy way to do that - reformat - without having to reinstall all my software later? I have a complete backup on TimeMachine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to Ignatius Fay

Reinstall your software in your new user (some apps and data could be copied over but Adobe apps need to be reinstalled). Then, when you're sure it's all there, delete the old user.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 3:38 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Thank you, Steve. I'll do that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers