Skip navigation
dhobs
Currently Being Moderated

Converting from PDF to Word puts boxes around my text!

Jun 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Tags: #word #text #convert #conversion #convert_pdf_to_word_document

Hello, my name is Dianne and I am currently using the trial version of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. I'm also on a Mac. When I try to convert a PDF document into Word it puts boxes around my text that I can't figure out how to remove. Please let me know what is going on here and how I can get rid of them.

- Dianne

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to dhobs

Can you post an example PDF and DOC file someplace for us to look at?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 3:26 PM   in reply to dhobs

Maybe someone else will have an idea. Without seeing the files and trying to repeat the problem, I don't have any idea. If you could describe a process I could use to create a sample DOCX file, I can try it that way.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 4:03 PM   in reply to dhobs

They sound like Word text boxes. Try opening the Word doc in Wordpad or a similar text program.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 6:28 AM   in reply to katernya

I just tried it with WORD 2007 and AA 9 on a PC and got what I inserted. I tried several text boxes and also turned off the borders on one. You might check your text box borders (assuming that is the issue) and be sure they are turned off. I am neither a big WORD fan or a text box fan (actually I hate text boxes), but figured I would give it a try. I could try it on my AA XI machine, but I do not have WORD on that machine, only LibreOffice. Anyway, maybe these ideas give you some thoughts. You might also try the WORD plugin from MS to create PDFs (assuming it is available for the MAC) and see what kind of result you get.

Also, how do your results compare to printing to an actual printer?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points