Skip navigation
samyga2
Currently Being Moderated

i want my photo to look like exclusive painting art

Jun 26, 2013 1:27 PM

Hye i want my photo to look like exclusive painting art: plez help me.

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 2:59 PM   in reply to samyga2

I want my exclusive painting art to look like Photoshop photographs, so if you find the answer to your question pehaps you could let me know and I can do the reverse of what you are doing?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,922 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 26, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to samyga2

Blimey.  That gets todays prize for wierd question of the day.  If you have a specific look in mind, then post a link to one or two.  Otherwise, sneak your camera into an 'exclusive' art gallery, and photograph the exlusive paintings.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Blimey.  That gets todays prize for wierd question of the day.  If you have a specific look in mind, then post a link to one or two.  Otherwise, sneak your camera into an 'exclusive' art gallery, and photograph the exlusive paintings.

Trevor. You probably (no, make that definitely) know more than I do about Photoshop. Isn't it the case that CS16 has an 'Art Master' filter under FILTER/ART/

I'm only on CS14 myself.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to samyga2

Try the Filter menu > Filter Gallery and try categories like Artistic and Brush Strokes. They are designed to give your photo that hand painted look. Try the adjustments in each sub-category,until you get the "look" you want.

Filter > Oil Paint is another option to give your photo that painted look.

It may help to get art lessons or hire an artist.

Gene   (Just throwing a bone)

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,922 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 26, 2013 10:19 PM   in reply to gener7

As Gene says, there are certainly various painterly look filters built into Photoshop, but you might like to look at aftermarket plugins like Topaz and Perfect Suite 7. 

I believe the Topaz products allow you a full function 30 day trial.  Have a look at Simplify; Clean and Detail.  Especially Clean.  but just have a flick through the galleries.  I am sure the other filters have similar trial periods.  I have the Topaz Bundle, and Perfect Suite 7, but only ever seem to use Topaz Adjust.  These filters are like HDR, in that people work them to death when they first dicover the new look they allow, but soon get over it.  HDR cerainly doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:49 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Using the art filters just makes a bad photo look worse, IMHO.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 1:31 AM   in reply to Lundberg02

Lundberg02 wrote:

Using the art filters just makes a bad photo look worse, IMHO.

Just like HDR tone-mapping! Still, at least it makes them 'exclusive'.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)