Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Odd ProRes sequence set-up behavior in Premiere Pro CC

Jun 26, 2013 5:19 PM

When I create a new sequence by dragging a ProRes HQ file onto New Item icon, it creates a DNxHD sequence.  My ProRes HQ footage is captured by the Blackmagic Shuttle2 recorder, and MediaInfo verifies it is ProRes.  Yet the sequence settings in Premiere Pro CC show:

Editing Mode:  DNX 145 1080i

Video Previews box:

Preview File Format: DNX 145 1080i 59.94

Codec:  DNxHD

I am on a Mac with Quicktime 7 installed.  There is no problem ingesting and importing the ProRes HQ camera video files into Premiere Pro.  I am just not seeing a ProRes sequence being created.  Is there something else I should test for?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 10:41 PM   in reply to Kuhnen Brown

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 11:17 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

While creating a preset allows you to create a new sequence that is ProRes, when you try and conform a sequence to a codec (or drag a media file on the NEW ITEM icon to auto create an appropriate sequence), the sequence does not become ProRes.

I'm on a 10.8.3 Mac, with FCP 7 & FCP X instaleld, so I ahve the ProRes QT Component.  Maybe a limitation of the Trial version or am I missing something?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to Kuhnen Brown

No, sadly.

I went into great deal about it here:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5457995#5457995 , and here :http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/942978 ; it seems to be a 'well known' bug?

I can work around the sequence not matching the clip properties, but I want the export settings to match the clip properties (which is why I wanted the sequence settings to match the clip properties; because then I can do an export using sequence settings).  I can't do that now unless I do it manually....anyway, see my first link above for the details.

Thanks!

~Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to Kuhnen Brown

Quite glad to have found this discussion and this solution. On my machine running PP 7.1, OSX 10.8.5, I get this result if I conform a sequence to a ProresLT 720p24 source clip (I'm editing with proxy files because my iMac is ancient):

Sequence settings: Editing Mode AVC-Intra 100 720p 60hz.

I was assuming that PPro couldn't edit this 'natively" until I got frustrated with it and tried to change it.

Making a new preset and simply creating a new sequence from the preset works fine. But it's impossible to create a sequence based on a Prores clip's settings that actually matches those settings.

So is this a known bug to Adobe? Happy to submit a bug report. It seems odd, though, that this persists.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points