Skip navigation
EmanuilShvarts
Currently Being Moderated

Downloading 5.0 READER to iMAC

Jun 26, 2013 8:45 PM

I switched from PC to IMAC and cannot download Acrobat 5.0 writer, because iMAC doesn't have CD reader.

I used Acrobat Writer 5.0 many years - have both CD and downloading code.

Can you help? - Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to EmanuilShvarts

Forget it. It's hopelessly outdated and doesn't run on contemporary operating systems. You need to buy a current version of Acrobat.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Reader forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to EmanuilShvarts

If your iMac doesn't have a CD, Adobe reader or Acrobat are the least of your worries. Since they ALL have built in CD or DVD drives, I can only assume the "no CD reader" means the drive is no  longer working.

That means that inevitably, you'll start seeing the "grey screen of death" or a Kernel Panic error caused by bad hardware. 

http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/HT1392/106227_3.jpg

Enjoy this iMac while you can... its days are numbered.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 11:57 PM   in reply to EmanuilShvarts

Okay then I'm lost again... If this is a new iMac (the last one I bought new was in 2005 and it had a DVD  Superdrive - it was a 1st generation G5 and it burned up [literally] in three years. I haven't looked at an iMac since.) Why on earth are you looking to put years-old software (Reader 5.0 was released in 2001 and built for PPC and not compatible with an Intel system that DOESN'T have Classic environment) on it?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points