• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor a custom master page

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to anchor a custom master page?.  I'm using a custom master page for rotated pages to adapt as well the header and footer but I want to use the same text flow. When I'm inserting something before the rotated page, it moves all the content. So text which should be on the rotated page moves then to the following normal pages.

By addressing the master page usage, I couldn't find any function which anchors it to the text like e.g. tables or anchored figures.

My system: Win7-64, FM11 (unstructered).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Master Pages

Navigate to page MasterPageMaps

Doesn't exist?

Then do: Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages (AMP)

This creates the page and an empty UnstructMasterPageMaps table.

Designate a paragraph format (aka tag or style) that is unique to the rotated page content, such as Body.Rotated, which may wel be identical to Body in all but name.

Assuming your rotated MPs are named Left.Rotated and Right.Rotated, fill out the UnstructMasterPageMaps table, such as:

Tag NameRight-HandedLeft-HandedRange IndicatorComment
Body.RotatedRight.RotatedLeft.RotatedUntil ChangedTriggers landscape
BodyRightLeftUntil ChangedResumes portrait

Optimal trigger/resume tags are highly dependent on document structure and may require some experimentation.

Once set up, you need to do a manual AMP operation for initial MP assignment, and periodically as re-flow occurs. You can do this as above, or from the Book menu (it's an Update Book option)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I've tried the automatic rotating of the pages, but up to now I couldn't make it working.

Maybe there is a problem, as I startet the work on a german trail version. When I was allowed to buy the software, I've bought the english version. On the reference page, there are now some things in english and some in german. For the Unstructured Masterpage Map, there is even the table in german and english existing. I don't know if on table could be deleted or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> For the Unstructured Masterpage Map, there is even the table in

> german and english existing. I don't know if on table could be deleted or not.

Save the content of the UnstructMasterPageMaps tables somewhere else.

Delete master page MasterPageMaps.

Perform an AMP to re-create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tested now the table UnstructMasterPageMaps in an empty file. First I couldn't make it work, until I've found out, that I have to execute Apply Master Page after assigning the specific style.

Just a note about abreviations: for me it wasn't always shure, what the used abreviations ment. I could easely guess MP. For AMP I had already more problems.

Thanks now its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines