Skip navigation
p.roehl
Currently Being Moderated

Windings Font ignored during PDF to word Export

Jun 27, 2013 5:02 AM

Tags: #fonts #font #acrobat #word #converting #convert_pdf_to_word_document

Hi,

when i try to export a PDF with Acrobat XI to word or to RTF format the Windings and Webdings fonts are allways ignored.

The Character itself gets exported, but it as "Times Roman". All other fonts works fine, but I need the squares from Windings.

The PDF check shows that the font is include. And the font is active on my maschine.

I'm using a OS X 10.8.3.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to p.roehl

The problem is likely that on your MAC, the Wingding fonts do not exist. You can only export the font if you have it on your system. Wingdings is a PC font to the best of my knowledge.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

Actually, if you have Office for the Mac, Wingdings and Webdings should both be installed on a Mac (they are on both of my Macs).

However, there could be a problem with them. The poster should make sure they they print from another application.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to p.roehl

I can confirm that there's a bug when exporting from a PDF to Microsoft Word on the Macintosh. I'd report your bug here:

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I created a block of text in Minion Pro Regular, and a few characters in Wingdings and Webdings in Adobe InDesign CC. I exported as a PDF file. Both the Wingdings and Webdings reported as an Embedded Subset (CID encoding).

Here's the PDF file:

Acrobat001.jpg

Here's the result when exported to Word:

Microsoft Word001.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers