I am facing a critical issue here in InDesign. I've some links in InDesign, it's an Adobe illustrator image link which has multiple layers included.
when I export those link as IDMS and import it in indesign. And then change the object layer user Object Layer Options suddenly linkes gets disappears from Indesign link panel and now image is not linked from anywhere.
1) Create a Link has multiple layers in it. Leave couple of visible and other not visible
2) Save it as .ai file.
3) Import that link into InDesign.
4) Again export that link as InDesign snippet (.idms)
5) Import now that snippet into InDesign file.
6) Use Object layer option and change the layer visibility.
7) Link disappear from the link palette.
I don't see anywhere if it can be due to some settings before export or import.
Can someone help me out on this issue.
Thanks in advance
Just had a chance to test here, and no there is no problem, but my versions of ID and AI are both patched to the latest updates. I suggest that you do the same as the first step and resave both your link and your snippet. If that doesn't solve the problem, try trashing the ID prefs. See Replace Your Preferences
Thanks Peter for spare the time to investigate the issue. I also tried with trashing the ID preferences as you described in above link, but it didn't help as still I'm facing the same issue.
Just wanted to know is someone out there could able to reproduce the issue and confirm If I upgread my INDD version will resolve the issue?