• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to comment out in flash builder 4.7 for xml?

Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to comment out parts of an xml code and can not do it in flash builder 4.7 use to be able in 4.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you refering to an MXML file, or just a straight up XML file? In either case it should be the same. Comments are done with HTML style comment tags, like this:

<!-- This is a comment -->

I have verified and know that this is the case with MXML. In XML I haven't verified it, but unless Flash Builder 4.7 is handling XML in a radically different way than how most applications handle XML, it should work.

Also, here's a shortcut key that you would probably find useful. To comment something out, simply select what you want commented out, and then press CTRL-SHIFT-C and it will automatically comment out the selected section. And if you select a commented out section and press CTRL-SHIFT-C, then it will uncomment out the selected section.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work in 4.7, the toggle comment option is greyed out in 4.7 when working mxml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. I got it to work on Flash Builder 4.7 just fine in a test using the following steps:

1. Create a new Flex Mobile Project.

2. Inside of the new project, press ctrl-n, then inside of the Select a wizard dialog choose XML->XML File.

3. Follow the steps in the dialog to create a new XML file.

4. Inside of the new XML file add some basic XML code.

5. Highlight a section of the XML code and press ctrl-shift-c.

With these steps I have and XML file and when using ctrl-shift-c the selected code is commented out using the HTML comment style. If you want you can try this test yourself and from there we can determine if your issue is project specific, or if it is an issue with your Flash Builder 4.7 setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this works fine but doesn't work with an existing project created in 4.6, can I down grade my license to 4.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure on that. Though if you want you can try something else. I'm

curious to know if a newly created XML file in your upgraded 4.6 project

will have the same issue. In your project do you want to try and create a

new XML file and see if commenting out will work for the new file? If this

works then you could potentially create new XML files for each of the old

ones and then just copy and paste the data over to the new files. (Not an

ideal solution, I know, but it might work and get you past your issue.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines