Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to change Bridge CC default's to open images in PS CC?

Jun 27, 2013 11:12 AM

Tags: #photoshop #bridge #creative_cloud

Bridge CC default to open images is PS CS6, how do I change the default to PS CC?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to lori@prophotosupply.com

Bridge CC default to open images is PS CS6, how do I change the default to PS CC?

By default installing PSCC and Bridge all file type associations should automatically change to the newest (in this case CC) PS.

You might first want to try restarting Bridge holding down option (mac) or control (win) key and choose reset preferences.

Check again.

If no luck open Bridge preferences and find the section File Type Associations and choose PSCC manually from the list of the file type you want to open it in.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to lori@prophotosupply.com

Update on this issue:

Concerning Ps CS6 seizing Dominance:

I did try UNinstalling and then re-installing Ps CC 14.00 but Ps CS6 still retained "Dominance" (meaning that it was impossible to change System Permissions to recognise that all PSDs should always be opened from the Finder in Ps CC).

Finally I uninstalled Ps CS6 from this HD and now CC has established "Dominance".

Bridge CS6 was NOT removed from my HD when I uninstalled Ps CS6. (You need to keep Bridge CS6 until Adobe replaces the the AOM Panel in Bridge CC.)

Also, choosing the Default File Associations in Bridge CC, now correctly sets all Photoshop-related Associations to Ps CC instead of Ps CS6.

------

Duplicated from another thread beause there are multiple threads all discussing the same issue!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

You should not have to uninstall CS6 to fix file association problems, in fact that can cause file association problems.  For some users a registry fix is needed.

You may have been working in CS6.  Remember, if you stop subscribing to CC you have nothing.  Make sure you keep installation disks of CS6 with s/n.

A better option is to deactivate CS6. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to Curt Y

See my response in the other thread: CS6 is better eliminated than wasting space on my HD!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 8:48 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

OK so I found out how to stop the PSD and JPG files opening in the CS6 and now open in CC you go into the Bridge CC preferences and find the section File Type and Associations and click to make it CC not CS6 then when you click on the image in bridge it will now open in CC photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 10:13 PM   in reply to webmaster@andrefelix.com

Manually changing the Associations in Bridge will only work for files which you open through Bridge but will not cure the problem if you open image files through the Finder  because all of those will launch CS6 and open in that version.

Only by removing CS6 from my HD was I able to re-establish Ps CC as my default application.

Once you have removed CS6,  manually changing the File Associations in Bridge's Prefs becomes unnecessary as Ps CC will automatically be selected there too as the Default.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 1:34 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

Hi This is not  true. (If you still have a copy of CS6 installed on your computer. ) I have been working with the "Try now" copy of CC photoshop and bridge and found  a way to fix this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 6:54 AM   in reply to webmaster@andrefelix.com

And what would that fix be?

webmaster@andrefelix.com wrote:

Hi This is not  true. (If you still have a copy of CS6 installed on your computer. ) I have been working with the "Try now" copy of CC photoshop and bridge and found  a way to fix this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 6:55 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

Manually changing the Associations in Bridge will only work for files which you open through Bridge but will not cure the problem if you open image files through the Finder  because all of those will launch CS6 and open in that version.

This is probably true, but this is a Finder or OS problem not Bridge.  Finder must also have a file type association that can be modified.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Normally one fixes that on a  Mac with Cmd i to get info on any PSD;

Change the Open With to Photoshop CC;

Select and click to open all images of that type the same way.

The command should stick . . . but if you have both Cloud subscriptions and Adobe Perpetual Ps CS6 installed, the Finder will NOT reset.

Definitely a BUG!

Simple answer: just uninstall CS6 unless you really need it and are prepared to put up with the bug.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points