Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Check Project problem

Jun 27, 2013 12:56 PM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #chapter #menu #build

I have created a project with an intro movie that goes to a menu and from there to various chapters. This all works/looks fine but when I check the project, it's giving me a whole load of 'problems'. I am fairly convinced that it's all gor to do with the "weddin multipage menu hd". If I could deleter that, I think all would be fine. The problem is that I don't see this item anywhere in my project ! It's not in the orphans panel in the flowchart, not in the project panel and not in the menu panel. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong ?

Using Win 764 bit. GTX 550Ti CS5

Regards,

TL..

SG 006.JPGSG 007.JPGSG 008.JPG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

Phantom orphans can be a real problem. But in most cases, you can ignore them and the project still works. That always worries me because there are so many players out there that don't work right with a project without issues.

This often requires restarting the project; if you do, create a new project with a new name.

Unrelated to your issue; do you have an override set on your disk properties?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

Some can be ignored; they are just warnings. But others mean your project or navigation won't work as you intend.

I had never seen an override on the disk properties till someone had an example the other day. I do wonder if it was adversely affecting them. I don't know what it does, so I have no opinion about it. It shouldn't matter, since nothing would ever invoke it. But something must invoke it or it would not exist. But I don't see what it does, and I have seen quirky things happen.

Can you point me to the information re how it might help?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 2:44 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

I don't think they are talking about placing an override on the disk itself. That has nothing to do with the title remote etc. And yes, I would gamble (cause I don't like all those "errors") by removing that override to see if it helps in any way. Probably won't.

The save as may not work (try it). And Encore tracks a lot of stuff that you can't access (that's where phantom orphan's come from), so you need a brand new name.

You can import menus from the old project if you have modified them, but you have to redo the navigation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 5:07 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

Just saw this post. Don't know why he responded to a thread that is 3 years old, but it gives you another option.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/582892?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

Glad it is working!  Let us know if you do the experiment with your old one!

The most frequent way this happens is for a default menu to be added by an inadvertent key stroke. As to why it becomes impossible to get rid of, no idea!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to Herugrim123

Thanks for reporting. And kudos for your sense of humor! Until we are all perfect, it is the only way!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 1:07 PM   in reply to Herugrim123

I only time that I was faced with a "phantom orphan," was when I accidentally hit the button to add the default Menu to the Project, realized what I had done, and hit cancel - viola, phantom orphan Menu. When I have accidentally added the default Menu, but let it load fully, I was then able to Delete it, and IIRC, I did so from the Project Panel.

I feel that the action of trying to Cancel, before that Menu was fully loaded, is where I messed up. In that case, I just restarted the Project (was not too deeply into it), and did not encounter a problem.

Now, from reading about phantom orphan Menu issues, I have not noticed that any of the users tried to Cancel out of the operation. From that I conclude that it was never mentioned, or more likely, there are other operations, that can cause the phantom orphans, and those usually involve the default Menu.

Most of all, good luck with your new Project,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points