Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I unlock Network and other locations that now show padlocks in Bridge CS5?

Jun 27, 2013 5:45 PM

In the middle of using Bridge on my laptop with WIN8, I was suddenly confronted with locks on the Network, Homegroup, User, Documents, Videos, and Pictures, and more (but not all). The locks were not there prior to today. I have used this Bridge program a lot on my Desktop without ever encountering this problem. I tried some suggestions from the Forum-- such as go to the Bridge Folder Tree; rt clk and Reveal in explorer, but I can't find a path to a box marked "lock" to untick.

Also, when I closed out of Bridge and re-opened, nearly all the documents that I placed in Collections Folders are now gone. Are these problems connected?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 6:21 PM   in reply to veranica

If all the images are locked highlight them right click and choose unlock about 2/3 way down list.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 10:27 PM   in reply to veranica

the right click over these in Bridge does not reveal the options you mentioned.

It should provide you with the option to either lock item or unlock item in right click mouse menu.

Otherwise, it probably will be due to your system settings. And remember, Bridge is a browser and shows what your system sees. Also it is not designed for use over a network. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

And you always can try to reset preferences, with restarting Bridge while holding down control key and choose reset preferences.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to veranica

The instructions I provided work for images, I do not get the same dropdown list for folders. 

Looking at your screenshot I see you are in the Desktop.  I went there on my machine and indeed I have seveal folders, including Network and Libraries that are locked.  Rather than fight this issue, which is probably an OS function one has to ask do you really need to get into these folders?  They are probably either empty or not something you should be getting into through Bridge. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points