Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color icons gone in Dreamweaver CC (version 13)

Jun 28, 2013 4:17 AM

Hi.

Whay are the color icons in Dreamweaver CC (version 13 mac) gone? Very bad

Much harder to see if i'm connected to remote site is one very frustrating thing.

I managed to replace some of the icons with versions from DW6. But many are still missing.

Does anyone have a good tip for replacing all of them?

Regards

Olle

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to ollekar

I understand that having color make things much easier to differentiate.Howeve you can still easily find a difference when connected to FTP server. May be the screenshot below help you find the difference.

When you are connected to FTP the connectors are plugged and it is in a rectangular box.

2013-06-27_2122.jpg

I hope that helps.

Bhawna

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 11:41 AM   in reply to bgupta16

In other words, you're not missing anything, they were removed.

IIRC someone was able to basically hack the program files to add them back. I think this was the post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4755146#4755146

Things might be in a different spot now, but it may give you some clue where to look anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to ollekar

I agree, it was much nicer with the colored icons. They were not a 'distraction' and without them the UI looks ugly (IMHO).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 1:16 PM   in reply to ollekar

I agree!  These decisions should not be made for us.  It should have been an option in the preferences.  I want it back!!! 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to bgupta16

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  You have had colored icons since day one.  Apparently it wasn't that much of a distraction for the hundreds of thousands of websites likely created and the millions of lines of code written.

Whenever you make a substantial UI change like this you need to make it OPTIONAL as whatever handful of people you spoke with does not speak for the rest of your user base.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 1:34 AM   in reply to bgupta16

Removing the colour icons from the file explorer has been irritating, have not got used to the new layout. The colours help to quickly browse folder and find files. Adobe should consider at least making this an option. It may seem like a small thing, but it is irritating and I loose time trying to find out why they are gone, that there is no solution (unless I try to hack it somehow, more time lost) and writing something here not convinced that this will change anything. I suppose I at least have a few months to consider alternatives before considering being bound by another 12 months of subscriptions.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 2:00 AM   in reply to ollekar

Nice one Olle, I have done as suggested, no harm in trying.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 6:30 AM   in reply to Robset

Adobe has now posted a poll asking if you want colour icons back. Time to get voting.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to David_Powers

Thanks for highlighting this David, unfortunately the link took me to the wrong page. I found the poll here and have voted.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 6:30 AM   in reply to Robset

Sorry about the duff link. I've removed it from my post. People can follow your correct link.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 12:47 PM   in reply to David_Powers

Thx for the link, but shouldn't they have it a sticky, instead of buried...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 3:45 PM   in reply to RJ_web

I've added an announcement at the top of the forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to ollekar

Colored Icons in File panel

Colored icons in the Files panel have been reinstated. Please look for more info at: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new-dreamweaver-13-2.ht ml

This is fixed with 13.2 update & is made live now. Please install & provide feedback.

Thanks,

Shambu

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to Shambu Nashi

That is misleading Shambu.  You have reinstated color icons for FOLDERS, not for everything.  So with 80% of the votes saying to at least give us a choice you still aren't listening to us.  ONE person commented on why they want folders to be a different color to know whether on a remote server or not.  So congratulations you have listened and solved that one persons dilemma.  What about the rest of us?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to dunnmaks

Currently we have brought back the color icons for folders to help distingush between different views. We will take your feedback & get back to you on this.

Do provide your feedback via the bug report/wish form available here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Thanks,

Shambu

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points