Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I encode a Pause?

Jun 28, 2013 5:36 AM

I'm pretty new to Encore, only used it a couple of times to encode an ISO image from Premiere for burning to Blu-ray. I've scanned the manual but can't find anything obvious to enable me to encode a Pause inside a Blu-ray.

Here's what I mean: I want to generate a Blu-ray consisting of stills and video segments, separated by dissolves. I want playback to pause at the start of every dissolve, and only continue when I press a button on the remote. Why do I want to do this? To mimic an old-fashioned slide show, except in this case the slides will be stills or videos. So, I press a button and the existing still or video (already paused) cross-dissolves to the next segment, and then pauses when it reaches the preset Pause (located at the start of the next dissolve). To start playback again, I press the same button.

Any chance of being able to do this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to Guy Burns

One possibility might be to add a link to a blank Menu, or perhaps one with "Click Here to Resume" as a Button, and set each Menu to Hold Forever, then it's Button would link to the next Slide. This will be a lot of work, and one does have to consider creating too many Menus to fit in that area of the BD, as there is a limit to ALL Menus (forget what that is for BD).

Just thinking, as I have not needed those pauses before.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2013 7:58 PM   in reply to Guy Burns

You probably want software that is designed to create a slideshow, not a video program with "some" slideshow functions

I have NOT used http://www.photodex.com/proshow/gold but I have seen it mentioned in one of the forums

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points