Skip navigation
Trevor Dennis 5,974 posts
May 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

CC Bugs

Jun 28, 2013 5:03 AM

I've got to the stage where I have to say something, because Photoshop CC is definitely buggy in my experience to date.  The one that annoys me the most is that I suddenly get stuck with a small brush tool that won't go away without restarting Photoshop.  I can be doing pretty much anything, and suddenly the tool I thought I was using turns into a small brush.  Thank goodness it lets me save the file before I have to restart Photoshop.

I also get Photoshop freezing for about 30 seconds when nothing is happening.   It was impossible to embarrass my NLE system with CS6.  I couldn’t even make it lag, yet alone freeze.

Am I alone with these particular problems?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2013 2:02 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Which operating system, Trevor?

And what hardware specs?

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,053 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 29, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=cc&style =problem

When compared to CS6 release its bug free.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=cs6&styl e=problem

When I tried to run Adobe application manager it wanted update itself.  Instead it replaced itself with an Adobe  Creative Cloud lonin application. I could not agree with it condition so I can not use it.  Then I went to Adobe Web site and downloaded the their latest version of Application Manager.  It Failed to installed with a meaasge that I needed to install the Adobe Advisor application so I downloaded that. It reported that it found nothing wrong. That I should call Adobe.  Why I'm not a candidate for CC.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,053 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 29, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to JJMack

About my Adobe Application Install problem. I just tried to delete my User ID local temp files and could not delete all.  Because a file was open in Adobe Creative Cloud Helper.  It seems like the update that the old Adobe Application Manager replaced itself with was up and running on my system even though I declined to accept its terms of use. So I went to the control panel programs and features and remove Adobe Created Cloud whatever.  Then tried the newer version Adobe Application Manager install I found on Adobe's web site that sypportd CC and CS6 which I had tried to install several times but it always failed.  This time there was no failure. There was also no shortcut installed on my machine for the Adobe Application Manager.  However when I use Photoshop CS6 menu Help>Updates and Bridge menu Help>updates an Adobe Application manager window open up. sates I'm up to date and preferences shows  my products.

MyP.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,053 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 30, 2013 5:38 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Fair to me would be something like  Adobe software releases after Photoshop CS3 have consistently been buggy.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 12:27 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

I'm having the same problem - brush tool gets stuck no matter what other tool is selected. This happens very often and It is very very annoying.

i7, gtx780, win8 64bit, ps CC 64bit

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 12:47 AM   in reply to g.kurzemnieks

Cursor getting stuck is almost always due to a bug in the video card driver.

Update the driver from NVidia's website.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 12:57 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Hi

Yes I got freeze Problems too and a bunch of other Bugs but at the moment no one has replied to my smashing freeze Problem OMG.

My Photoshop CC 64bit freezes during use of different Image Tools sometimes it freezes using Scaling tools or drag tool or it hang up while opening an existing Document.

if your Photoshop freezes is the Operating System Running or does it freeze the whole System so you must restart (reset) ?

at the moment im using the 32Bit version of Photoshop CC but this is not a big deal running an

win 7 64bit pro with i7 3930k, 32Gig RAM, AMD 7970 Ghz Edition GPU...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 9:58 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

You're not the only one having issues. Photoshop CC is terrible. Its like going back to CS3/CS4 days.

Right now I can't even erase layers with the eraser tool, or selecting and hitting delete. This is after repeated restarts. I also can't select with the magic wand tool anymore, it simply highlights the entire image instead of the specific color I choose.

Unreal.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 12:58 AM   in reply to chrono1081

Other people aren't having those problems.

Check the tool options, and check your system.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points