Skip navigation
Viktor Devjatov
Currently Being Moderated

No audio and waveform redrawing issues in CC

Jun 28, 2013 6:59 AM

This is simple. Drop an MP3 directly from explorer to the timeline = no audio waveform and no audio at all! The only way to get it is to drag the file to the project panel. And sometimes when i zoom in / zoom out to the timeline waveforms tend to dissapear. The was no such behavior in CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to Viktor Devjatov

Try a .wav instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to Viktor Devjatov

Same here, no waveform, no audio.

But...doing it that way does not place the clip in the bin, so this is not surprising behavior.  I'd say the odd thing is that you can drop it right into the timeline.  Standard practice is to Import and organize your assets before using them.  Stick with that and you should be good.  Use a media player for review before import.  I really like AIMP.

http://www.aimp.ru/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 1:27 AM   in reply to Viktor Devjatov

Same here too. The WAV/MP3 file placement into the timeline should either be allowed from PPro with full functionality, i.e. placing the files automatically in the bin and showing full functionality, e.g. audio playing, waveform, etc.  or this action shouldn't be allowed, e.g. message "pls import the asset first". The current implementation is poor aka a bug ..

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to Viktor Devjatov

Just tried it aswell. CS6 does let you drop it in the timeline fully functional. CC does not. You will have to drop it in the PW first.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points