Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Match Frame broken in Premiere Pro CC?

Jun 28, 2013 8:12 AM

So match frame works in CS6, but in Premiere Pro CC, there are a couple odd things happening for me.  When pressing F the Source panel will exibits any one of a few different behaviors (seems entirely random):

1.  A black frame

2.  The correct clip, but not the correct (matched) frame.

3.  Occassionally the correct (matched) frame (usually only the first time I use Match Frame on any given clip in my sequence).  All subsequent Match Frame commands while on the same clip in the sequence will not update to match Source with Program, they'll either stay on the first matched frame for that clip, or go black.

You can still drag the audio (or video) portion from the Source panel to the timeline and it will be the correct portion of audio (or video), but actually "matching" a frame seems broken in Premiere Pro CC (again, it works in CS6).

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 1:43 PM   in reply to cscooper2013

Merged clips?  I had the same trouble with mine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 9:33 PM   in reply to cscooper2013

I haven't seen it yet with straight clips, and the problem was intermittent on my machine.  I now can't get it to trip up at all.  Not sure what's going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to cscooper2013

I'm experiencing the same thing. Sometimes it still works. I haven't really been able to determine a pattern.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 11:20 PM   in reply to Dax Roggio

Hey all just wanted to say that apparently you need to select the track that the clip is on you are trying to match frame and then place the CTI over the clip you want to do it to. Doesnt seem to matter which clip is selected or not, all seems to depend solely on which track is selected (The top most track takes priority if multiple tracks are selected)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to VidNoob

That's always been true with Match Frame, and in my case was not the issue when I had the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to cscooper2013

just wanted to confirm that match frame is indeed broken in cc.

I'm working with sony 4k mxf files that were merged with wav audio files and none of my clips in my project will match frame back correctly.

I'm loving the latest premiere and it's improvements but this bug has to be fixed fast.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:00 PM   in reply to cscooper2013

Hi cscooper2013,

It's working OK for me. Can you give more details about your case?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to exile1972

I'm working with...files that were merged

That seems to be the issue, I think.  I went back to my project with Merged clips and Match had issues again.  Seems to work just fine on single clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

i can second that notion.

I too am working with merged clips. match frame is broken with merged clips and works with original clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to exile1972

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 7:52 PM   in reply to cscooper2013

my info:

I'm using the latest mac version of premiere cc

MBP-osx 10.8.4

file type: sony raw 4k (mxf)

plugin in premiere- sony raw

not using mercury playback

this project originated in premiere cs6 and the match frame worked fine.

when the project was opened in cc7, all of the merged clips relinked with no problems.

currently there's no match frame capabilites with any merged clips. match frame works fine with original clips. Also, I'm at a loss as to how I can reveal the actual timecode of these merged clips. I thought I could just reveal the timecode number and match back to that but I'm a bit lost as to how to find the real timecode of the video portion of the merged clip.

This is a large project with all of the media being turned into merged clips due to secondary audio recording.

i'd go back to cs6 but it appears that cc7 has made working with the sony raw files much more stable. the problem working in cs6 is that sony raw 4k files cause premiere to be unstable and crash the program quite often. I'm hoping that a patch will be released soon.

it's virtually impossible to edit without matchframe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to exile1972

another thing in regards to broken match frame:

I've added some new clips into my cc project and merged those clips with secondary audio. if i then put those on my timeline, they too will not match frame back correctly.

It sure seems as though the merging process is breaking the match frame option. When I try to match frame it goes to a random frame in the source clip. and if I try again it'll change to another random frame.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to exile1972

Hi exile,

It's working perfectly for me, but I'm on Mac. Is everyone on this thread on PCs?

Edit: I see a Mac user. We have an updated version of Premiere Pro coming out soon. Hopefully, this will solve this problem. Stand by for that.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Windows 7 here.

Works fine on single clips.  Works sporadically on merged AVCHD/WAV clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

i'm on mac.

I just noticed that there's an updated sony raw plugin for premiere. I installed the update but nothing has changed.

On my system, premiere can't match frame any merged clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 11:07 AM   in reply to exile1972

Hi exile,

You might try installing the update for Premiere Pro CC (7.0.1) that was just released. Then report back.

Thanks,
    Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Hey Kevin. Yep. I'm on a Mac. I can confirm that the problem only seems to occur with merged clips. Match Frame simply goes to the wrong frame. My clips are H.264 QuickTime merged with WAV audio. I'm on CC and Mac OS 10.8.4.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to Dax Roggio

Hey Dax,

Let us know if installing the new update has solved the issue. It was just released a few minutes ago.

Thanks,
    Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Fixed. My professional life saved.

Yay!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to exile1972

exile1972 wrote:

Fixed. My professional life saved.

Yay!!

Woohoo!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

thanks for the quick responses to our problem. Reflects very positively on Adobe overall.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 5:23 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Same weirdness here with Windows 7 even after the update.  Sometimes it'll go to the right frame, sometimes it'll go to the wrong frame, sometimes it don't do nowhere.  Targeting or selection both tried.  Behavior seems random.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:20 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Unfortunately, it's not fixed for me either (Mac OS 10.8.4). As Jim said, sometimes it goes to the correct frame, but just as often it doesn't match. It seems to work for specific clips and not for others.

Edit: In what could be a related issue, I've set up a keyboard shortcut to “Add Clip Marker” to add markers directly to clips. It doesn't work on merged clips, however. Sometimes it even causes Premiere to freeze, requiring a Force Quit.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to cscooper2013

Don't know if this is related but I updated my Sony Raw plugin as well as updating premiere and it fixed the problem for me.

Any chance that the files you're working with require an updated plugin?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to exile1972

Not here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Hi Jim, Hi everyone,

Can all of you submit bug reports so we can get to the bottom of this?

Form: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:43 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Filed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 11:17 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

i was premature in saying the problem was fixed. I now have more merged clips that won't match frame. bug request filed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to exile1972

hey kevin-

any eta on when this bug will have a patch fix?

This is a major problem in the current software. My workflow is a disaster right now.

In the interim, how would I find the source timecode of a clip in my timeline? Is there a way to get custom timecode display in the timecode window?

thanks,

greg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 4:05 PM   in reply to exile1972

exile1972 wrote:

hey kevin-

any eta on when this bug will have a patch fix?

This is a major problem in the current software. My workflow is a disaster right now.

In the interim, how would I find the source timecode of a clip in my timeline? Is there a way to get custom timecode display in the timecode window?

thanks,

greg

Greg,

First of all, sorry you're having trouble with this. At this point, you've filed your bug report, so I'll follow up with the Premiere Pro team to make sure they know about it. Unfortunately, I can't offer any specific time any bug can be fixed. Sorry.

For source timecode, check out the Timecode effect.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 6:08 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

kevin-

thanks for your response. I hope the PP team is aware that many productions (and in my work-all productions) now rely completely on secondary audio tracks and the merging of the video with the audio.

I'm currently working on a project with nearly four terabytes of media in which every single clip has been merged with secondary audio.

We need a fix ASAP.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to exile1972

Hi exile1972,

We have a bug logged on our side so we have the team looking at a fix right now. You and I have done all we can, all we can do now is wait.

Sorry for any invconvenience this may cause you.

Best,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Hey Kevin-

I noticed this morning that there is yet another update to Premiere Pro. I've updated and sadly the Matchframe problem continues.

Can you please pass this information on to the Premiere Pro team so that the Matchframe problem can be addressed in the next update.

Thanks,

greg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 1:52 PM   in reply to exile1972

exile1972 wrote:

Hey Kevin-

I noticed this morning that there is yet another update to Premiere Pro. I've updated and sadly the Matchframe problem continues.

Can you please pass this information on to the Premiere Pro team so that the Matchframe problem can be addressed in the next update.

Thanks,

greg

Hi Greg,

Today was a Dynamic Link bug fix. No features or updates were done to Premiere Pro specifically. Sorry.

We do know the team knows about the bug as I verified it in our system. With the new CC delivery capability, hopefully we will see a fix sooner than later. Unfortunately, these things do take time.

Thanks for your patience.

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers