Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Camera Raw 8 the same cropping choices as are in Lightroom and Photoshop?

Jun 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Tags: #bridge #features

Seriously, how hard would it be to give Camera Raw 8 the same cropping choices as are in Lightroom and Photoshop (i.e., Fibonacci, Triangle, Diagonal, etc.)? This disparity in features is inexcusable and embarrassing. Surely the teams communicate?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to rickburress

From what are you comparing.  CS6 has, and will have a new camera support, but will not have any new features included in CC.  If using CC all ACR 8.x should be the same in all applications as it is the same product I believe.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to rickburress

I don't have CC nor LR.  Just be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

There is a vast difference whether you are cropping in Adobe Camera Raw, technically a plugin, or in an application like Photoshop or Lightroom.  And yes I would expect differences between applications as they don't do much cross exchange of ideas.  But the cropping in CC version of ACR should be the same.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 28, 2013 12:49 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I don't have CC nor LR.  Just be sure you are comparing apples to apples

That is a nice statement for a Windows guy…

I never use crop in ACR because I like this feature more in PS itself. Also the inability to save crop presets in ACR makes it very limited. The ACR engine for PS and LR are the same, the body differs.

Thanks to hard yelling people we now have about the same crop tool in PS as in LR. Although I still don't like it in PS, after having used it years and years I now have to move the image instead of the crop.

Sadly the ability to rotate crop and having adjust it automatically to the borders is a very nice option. If it wasn't for this I would stay with the old classic mode.
    But the OP is right, many features in different Adobe Products have somewhat the same result but sometimes very different approaches, options and tools.

Until the Adobe HQ is going to settle in Utopia we might be better off trying to learn living with it

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 28, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to rickburress

We might have "learned to live with" pencils, too

I smell a big business opportunity, have you already patented it…

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points