Skip navigation
Takasaurus
Currently Being Moderated

What happened to the Main Concept H.264 Codec

Jun 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Up until CS6 the H.264 codec that come with Adobe was from Main Concept.  This was a great Codec.  I used to send clients files using the lowest bit rate settings and they would would end up using them in their projects.  My files were only a couple of mbs.  Now with CC I don't see that option and my H.264s like like crap unless I go with the full 100 quality.   Now the files are hundreds of mbs and take forever to send or upload to FTP.

Is this codec still available?  Is it built into CC and hidden? 

This is a HUGE loss to my workflow.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to Takasaurus

The h.264 option was deprecated from the render cue but is alive and well in the Adobe Media Encoder where it can do a much better job and achieve higher quality with much lower data rates. I suggest using the AME to encode all or your h.264 output using the handy and well worked out presets.

If you must access them via the output module then you can turn the deprecated codecs back on in the preferences. I wouldn't if I were you because you can keep on working and being productive in AE or any other app while AME is cranking out your renders and you'll get better results.

There are literally dozens of posts on this subject with links to the documentation on this and other sites. I won't bother digging up the links for you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to Takasaurus

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers