Skip navigation
muirdebussy
Currently Being Moderated

Can you help me get those analysis 'smart tags' off my 16,000 fotos?

Jun 28, 2013 4:09 PM

Tags: #tags #smart

HI. THIS IS A SINCERE QUESTION THAT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HELP FOR -- BUT I POSTED THIS ON JUNE 1 AND RECEIVED NO RESPONSES. CAN ANYONE HELP?   THANKS MUCH.  

-------------------------------------

I just upgraded to Elements 11 for my 16,000-foto Elements Organizer. It automatically (without me knowing a thing about it) did a so-called "analysis" of all the photos and stuck an annoying "analysis" of whether the photo is blurry, has people in it, is high quality, etc., etc., that now clutters up the list of tags assigned to each photo.

I can discover no way to get rid of these on all 16,000 fotos other than a senseless procedure of methodically calling up a foto or group of fotos and, one by one, deleting the "smart tags" that are there.

What I need, of course, is a universal command for "Get rid of every 'smart tag analysis' on all of my fotos.

And I DO understand that I can disable automatic analysis of my fotos,  but apparently this applies only to fotos I add to the organizer AFTER  Adobe has already "analyzed" all my existing fotos.

Thank you so much for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to muirdebussy

Yes, once an image has been analysed and had a tag applied, disabling further auto-analysis will not remove those tags.

There isn't a way to remove all of these tags automatically, or as a group. You can only remove them one at a time. I don't mean one smart tag from one photo at a time. I mean one smart tag from all photos. If you select all images (from under the Edit menu), then right-click any image, you will see the context menu item Remove Keyword Tag from Selected Items. This will remove whatever tag you select from all images selected.

If you have just created this catalog for the first time, you can simply create a new catalog and reimport your images, the keyword tags should not be applied.

If you have converted a catalog from a previous version, you can reconvert it.

Of course, before either of these steps, make sure the Media Analysis options are turned off.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points