Skip navigation
apelectricservices
Currently Being Moderated

FMS 4.5 Can't Find App To Allow Server-Side Recording To Local Network Clients

Jun 30, 2013 2:11 PM

Tags: #fms #4.5 #recording #fmle #dvrcast

(Server:W7, FMS 4.5 , FMLE 3.2 / I-7 Processor, 16GB RAM, (2) 1TB Drives in a RAID5)

http://nlpcglive.hopto.org

Is there a solution out there that I can place on the admin login page that will allow the sound people to capture and record a stream and tag it without giving them login access to the server?

Hi. I have had a hard time finding a solution for this problem for awhile and I know my scenario can't be that unique.

I"m streaming  live from withing the church soundbooth  without too many problems and I have scheduled tasks setup to use a recorded stream during service times.

But lets say theres a performance that needs to be recorded within the recorded stream-

well, I know that I can use the dvrcast dvrcontroller.html and I do but theres a couple of key problems with this. 1. I (I as in ME) has to be the one doing it from the server. 2. I have to record it from with the default stream name then stop the recording and rename the file in Windows Explorer so that it does not get overwritten. 3. I have to know the name of the stream I want to record and where to place it.

This process can get messy real quick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points