Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CC 100% CPU Problem on Mac

Jun 28, 2013 8:50 PM

Tags: #problem #help #mac #dreamweaver #cpu #dreamweaver_cc

Installed the CC update from CS6 last night via my Creative Cloud account.

Opened DW CC & noticed the whole computer started running slow.

Opened Activity Monitor & saw this.

m.png

This is when the app is idling.  No files open or anything.

Did some searching & found this, but it's for CS6.  Guess this has been an issue for a while?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4852340

Looks like CC is v13, but I'm still having the issue.

Anyone else out there figure out how to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Mac OS X 10.8.4

Mac Mini - Early 2009

8gb ram

2.26 ghz

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2013 4:34 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

I have not seen this. I have Dreamweaver CC running now on my Mac. OSX 10.8.4, Dreamweaver CC 13.0 build 6391,  MAMP is running, and I have about 10 pages open and live preview running in 2 of them. My CPU usage is about 10% on average.

What are you doing in Dreamweaver? Flash in live view is the only thing I can think of that may spike the CPU.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

Hi Tyrell,

This is the first of its kind issue that we are heard so far. In any case, I will check with the team and let you know.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 5:00 PM   in reply to tyrell corp.

I think that has more to do with the affected site being a WP site than a DW issue. Because of the "framework" of a WP site, I believe DW switches related files on by default when you open it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 6:37 PM   in reply to tyrell corp.

Odd. I've got MAMP set up, but have yet to run it with any site. I'll have to look at that and see if I can reproduce it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to Mike M

Do you have your sites setup to automatically find related files?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

Are you syncing/backing up your website or files using any tool like DropBox? We got a user having 100% CPU utilization while working on DW CC.. Turning off the services for Drop box resolved the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 12:45 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

Just give it a try.. Start your MAC in safe Boot and see if you still have the issue with DW..

Have a look here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1455

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 2:33 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

@tyrell - we are aware of the "enable related files" issue but we are unable to reproduce the issue you are facing

Is this the first time you are using dreamweaver? If no, was the Wp site working fine in the previous versions of Dreamweaver you were using? Can you also please check the CPU usage with other non-WP sites with lot of files? If possible can you please share the files with us?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 11:14 PM   in reply to tyrell corp.

No problem . Thank you for that info. Can you tell us which plugins and themes you have installed so that we can try it out at our end?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

@tyrell - From your previous posts i see that the CPU goes up to 100% by just switching to the site without opening any documents. But still i would like to confirm that you are not working with any javascript files when the CPU shoots up to 100% because we have seen simialr issues while working with some javascript files.

Also Is the CPU usage shooting up irrespective of whether or not you are conected to Mamp from dreamweaver?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to Divya_b_c

Can you please give us the site setup details like the protocol used?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:02 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

Thank you for all that info and screenshots. Can you please switch to a site which wont cause the CPU usage to shoot up and recreate the site cache (Site menu->Advance->recreate Site Cache) and then switch to the WP site and again recreate the site cache and check the CPU usage?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:06 AM   in reply to Divya_b_c

Also please delete all your keychain passwords and try

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I am using the trial version of DW, and I notice the issue when attempting to use the "Site-Specific Code Hints" feature. I've been trying to create code hints for the Concrete5 CMS framework. When I have code hints defined, the CPU usage shoots sky high, and the machine runs hot with the fan spinning madly (like I'm rendering a complex 3D scene or something). However, if I delete the site-specific code hints, everything is back to normal. I'm running OS X 10.8.4 on a MacBook Pro.

(EDIT: I forgot to add that I also occassionally get the spinning beachball of death and must force quit DW when this happens.)

Also, I can't get the "Enable Related Files" setting to stick in the preferences either. It's always enabled after restarting DW.

-Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to tyrell corp.

I'm the guy that Adobe helped (well tried to in relation to Dropbox). The issue is the site specific code hints as I did a little bug hunting and all was fine (hanging idlde at 4.8 with 6 pages open). The moment I enabled Wordpress site specific code hints the CPU usage shot up to 400%. The enable checkbox option still wont uncheck but as my issue is with site specific code hints you could give it a try.

@adobe - fix it or remove it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to highland-jock

highland-jock wrote:

The issue is the site specific code hints...

I'm glad you were able to corroborate my findings. That should go a long way toward helping Adobe resolve the issue.

-Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 9:54 PM   in reply to Shotster

@Shotster and @highland-jock - Thank you for nailing down the issue for us. We are looking into it.

Thanks,

dbc

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 3:30 AM   in reply to Divya_b_c

I thought I'd add 10 peneth worth, I think its more of a general performance issue particularly with the Dreamweaver CC file manager. I dont have any WP sites just all static sites ranging from 10 to 100 pages each and have about maybe 50 sites. The performance is so bad that even if I just try to scroll down the list of sites CPU usage shoots up to about 98% before Dreamweaver has even managed to scroll to the bottom of the list so the scrolling starts fast and then slows to a snails pace by the time you are at the last few sites. The rest of the program then runs slow for around 2 secs until CPU spike goes back down to sensible level say 2 or 3% at idle. Same happens if you try to scroll down a list of say 50-100 site files in the filemanager in any given site.

This is so poor and makes the whole program start to feel slugish.

Was fine in CS6, actually CS6 felt like a really rapid slick program compared to CC, tell me again Adobe why am I paying £47 per month??

Mac Pro 1,1

SSD

2x 3GHz Dual core Intel Xeon

7GB RAM

OSX 10.7.5

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers