Skip navigation
YeahDavid
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop has stopped working

Jun 28, 2013 9:04 PM

Yesterday, I tried to start up Photoshop, but it got halfway through initializing and stopped, flashing a message: "Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 has stopped working."  I shut down the computer and tried again, but it repeated three or four times.

So I uninstalled the program.  Upon reinstallation, installation failed and the computer said: "Your installation encountered errors.  Please try restarting your system and installing again.  Exit Code: 20."

I've searched the Internet and discovered some others have encountered similar problems, but no solutions as yet. 

Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,851 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 9:20 PM   in reply to YeahDavid

If you are using a PC, have you tried using System Restore to go back to a point before the initial failure?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 11:09 PM   in reply to YeahDavid

Without exact system information, nobody can help you specifically. As a start, run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, try to reinstall again.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 11:32 PM   in reply to YeahDavid

You haven't even told you what platform you're on, Macintosh or Windows, let alone other details about your system.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points