Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing images in CHM file

Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  generating CHM help for French, English, German and other languages using RH10. Each time I generate CHM file, images goes on missing from the final output . I could not locate images in Image folder of Project Manager although images are there in the default Test folder of the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you open your project, does RoboHelp issue any warnings about links or whatever?

When you open the topics in the editor, do you see the images there?

Sounds to me like that you have somehow inserted images from a location outside your project. You likely need to ensure all the images get copied into the project. To do this, just create a single topic. Then repeatedly insert images into that topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue; however, I do not get a warning about links, etc., and my images show up in webpage and HTML5. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Double-click one of the "missing" images and note what appears in the Image Name field. Share a screen grab of what you see.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see:

Image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... So the next question here is to ask if the topic in question is actually inside a folder or not. If so, the pathing would likely be wrong.

Another thing to try would be to close RoboHelp, delete the CPD file and restart RoboHelp to see if the problem resolves. You may even want to locate and rename the .HHP file. (That's the central database for building a CHM - RoboHelp should re-create it when you next generate a CHM output)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick. Deleting the CPD file worked!

~Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp