Skip navigation
TexasAvery
Currently Being Moderated

Modifying Edges - Why are ALL lines highlighted??

Jun 30, 2013 2:17 PM

I just upgraded to Flash CS6 yesterday, and am trying to work on an animation project.

Whenever I use the Select Tool to modify the edges of a Paintbrush stroke, or a Pencil line, ALL of the lines in the image are highlighted as I bend the edge this way and that.

I'd prefer for the outline highlight to only show up on the area I'm actually modifying.

I find this default behavior really distracting, and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 30, 2013 6:52 PM   in reply to TexasAvery

when you draw with the pencil, is object drawing off?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 30, 2013 7:46 PM   in reply to TexasAvery

then what happens when you use the subselection tool after drawing a line?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 9:05 PM   in reply to TexasAvery

If you are using normal mergable shape mode,curves when selected has dotted grid pattern to indicate the selection.However if all the lines are getting selected that means they are all connected.Switch to subselection tool and see if all the lines are connected. In case you dont want different lines to merge on intersection then use object drawing mode.However if you you want to continue with normal shape mode and want only outlines to be displayed,you can choose View>Preview modes>Outlines(CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+O on WIN/CMD+SHIFT+OPT+O on MAC)).Hope this hhelps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points