Skip navigation
TheMtyThor
Currently Being Moderated

Slow Render After Effects CC H.264 Windows AVI

Jun 30, 2013 11:17 PM

Anyone else having a problem with Rendering either in After Effects or with AME? A Six Second File is taking 40 minutes using Quicktime MOV H.264. even in AME it takes just as long? CS6 was SOOO MUCH Faster, it would have only taken about 18 minutes for a 6 second file? Did my Secretary not give me a Memo on some new setting for AE CC? if so she is SOOOOOO FIRED! My Systejmn is Intel 980x, 24 Gig Memory, XT670 NVidia ( not that it matters) i have plenty of space on hard drives, they are all 2 to 3 gig drives. please help thank you in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

Make sure that you do not have Ray-traced rendering turned on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 11:18 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

What are your Memory & Multiprocessing preference settings?

See this page for resources about making After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to TheMtyThor

Turn off MP. An unsupported plug-in will kill render times.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to TheMtyThor

I was asking for the settings in the Memory & Multiprocessing preferences dialog box. Post a screenshot of that dialog box.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

You've got a mis match there. 12 cores but 7 and 2 is nine. Try balancing things out.

I still think that your project will render faster with MP turned off because we don't know what coded you are rendering to. MP will work reliably rendering an image sequence but there are a bunch of codecs that just bog it down because a movie usually has to be rendered sequentially and rendering multiple frames simultaneously isn't linear at all.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points