Skip navigation
stevebfx
Currently Being Moderated

AE CC not overriding start frame preference with Timecode..

Jun 30, 2013 11:19 PM

Hi all,

Just trying out After Effects CC and loaded an Animation Quicktime. I've set my project preference to FRAMES and START AT FRAME 1, but it refuses to acknowledge and insists on starting on frame 184716, which I presume it's taking from whatever timecode was possibly embedded in the quicktime.

I do not want this behaviour.. I need frame ONE to be FRAME ONE, I'm importing tracking data that has these frame numbers encoded.

I'll have to revert back to CS6 until this can be resolved.

Thanks,

Steven Blasini

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to stevebfx

I am not seeing this at all on my Mac. Import a quicktime that starts on frame 2949696. Select the quicktime and then right click and select create composition from selection. Then select comp settings (Ctrl/Cmnd + K) and change the start frame to 1. All is well with the world.

frameRates.jpg

The alternative is to select the footage in then Project Panel, right click or go to File>Interpret Footage and select override timecode and select 1, then drag the footage into a new comp window. The comp displays the first frame as frame 1.

What steps are you following? What is your OS? Is AE up  to date?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 10:25 PM   in reply to stevebfx

The project panel will still work for setting the starting frame for new comps. Reading the timecode from imported clips is a new feature.

For anything with MPEG compression including h.264 AME will do a much better job and you'll be able to continue working in AE or in any other app while the render is going on. It's way more productive.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points