Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CC and CS6 doesn't start in Windows 8.1 Preview

Jun 30, 2013 6:07 PM

Tags: #illustrator #windows8.1

When I attemp to run Illustrator on my machine running Windows 8.1 preview I see this error message (In spanish because both my system and software language are in spanish):

Error

Esta aplicación no es compatible con el idioma del sistema operativo actual. Abra el Panel de control "Opciones regionales y de idioma" en el menú Inicio de Windows.

This application is not compatible with the curren operating system language. Open Region and settings in Control panel on Windows Start menu.

I tried switching to Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United Stated), English (United States) and back to Spanish (Chile) with no results.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2013 1:02 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

I'm having the same issue have you found any solutions?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Me too, it seems to be a compatibility issue with windows 8.1

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2013 5:20 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

The only fix around was to install the english version, hope adobe and microsoft find out whats causing this annoying bug

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

I'm having the same problem using Windows 8.1 Pro RTM.

Any solution? Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

I am having the same issue. I can't even use Illustrator it keeps shutting down. Is there a fix?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to tschmidtinart

Same problem here, we need a fix asap.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Same here! Come on, we need a fix! Gonna try the english version for now, but hurry up please! This sucks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

I'm having the same problem on the final version of Windows 8.1. I can't believe none hasn't fixed this already!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 9:02 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Have you guys tried a reinstall? I have 8.1 on my machine as well and things are smooth. While upgrading 8.1 there was a question from Microsoft if I wanted to keep my application and settings, did you select that?

Uninstall and reinstall works in most cases you should first try out that.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:25 AM   in reply to ADBEDesigner

Hi!

No, is not a language-match problem.

I'm running Windows 8.1 in Spanish and Illustrator also in Spanish.

Maybe the problem could be related with the regional settings. My Windows is set in "Spanish (Argentina)".

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:33 AM   in reply to Rodrigo VAB

Same here. Running illustrator in Spanish (Spain) and 8.1 in Spanish, and is not working.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to Rodrigo VAB

Same happend to me today..Please need a FIX now!

It is incredible, that knowing this problem since long time ago they did not do nothing..

This is our tool to work!!

Hurry UP Adobe!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Glad I haven't installed the final version of Windows 8.1 on my work system running 8. I always wait some days before I install any important update If it comes with some bugs like this.

This is very serious and Adobe has to fix it very soon.

One question: Is this happening only on computers running Windows 8.1 X64 or it affects the 32 bit version too?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 1:08 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

English is definetly running wel on my computer. Is this a spanish only issue? is any non Spanish language build also seeing this issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 12:56 AM   in reply to ADBEDesigner

Probably only happends with Spanish instalaton. Personally I only tryed with Spanish, Is the one I bought.

Please give us a solution!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 2:40 AM   in reply to compegps

I installed the english version(TRIAL) and it works, but...my license is for Spanish version!! why do I have to work with a trial version after paying(CS5 and CS6) license?

To Adobe: FYI in this post (http://forums.adobe.com/message/5772460#5772460) is reported that it also works in Italian.

Need a solution for Spanish Users

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to compegps

Not even an answer from adobe. What a waste of time.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to A123

Have you called in support? This is actually a user to user forum, we do see Adobe folks from time to time but this is not a regular support forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to ADBEDesigner

Do you mean we are really wasting our time writng on this forum about this issue?

Can you please give the support adress?

Please do not send me here: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Where is supposed we have to write or call??

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to compegps

Offcourse you are not wasting your time here, if someone has a solution or a workaround you will get to hear fro other users.

However answer to why has Adobe not responded or when will it be fixed will come only when you speak to representatives mentioned at the page that you do not  want to use.

I have also received replies when I had sent email to ShareWithAI@adobe.com  you may want to try that. Make sure you write to them from the same email address that you used to purchase Adobe creative cloud lisence. OR have CS6 serial number of you are on perpetual lisence.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

I installed the Windows 8.1 upgrade on the weekend and can confirm the bug exists. The only way to keep working with Illustrator is installing the english version for now, while adobe take care of the issue.

I already filled a bug report to adobe, hope this problem gets resolved as soon as possible.

PLEASE ADOBE, FIX THIS ISSUE. Illustrator is our work tool to make a living!!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Hi everyone,

First of all, our apologies for the inconveniences. Our team is aware of the incompatibility issue of Spanish WIN 8.1 RTM with Spanish Adobe Illustrator CC & CS6. We are currently working with Microsoft to investigate the issue and will be providing a fix as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, for workarounds: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-does-not-start-windo ws-81.html

We'll let you guys know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks,

Amy

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Same with the english version. I have windows 8.1 and CS6 Illustrator crashes. Uninstalled and put CC still crashes.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Same problem here. One question: how to download the English verion of Adobe CC??? Thanks.

Posdata: we are in trouble because WE NEED give the artworks to customers. We paid for a software with years of good reputation. Adobe is the standard in the industry. But this issue is... frustating for us.

We hope Adobe solve this soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to ZityMap

Hi ZityMap,

Here's how to install the English version of Illustrator CC

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.htm l

1. In the Creative Cloud app for desktop, click the gear icon on the upper right hand side and then choose Preferences.
    2. In the Preferences dialog box, click Apps.
    3. From the App Language list, select 'English (North America)' or 'English (International)'
    4. Go back to the App tab, reinstall Illustrator CC

Let me know if you run into any issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to Conisus

Are you running the Spanish version of Win 8.1, Conisus?

Have you tried resetting preferences (http://adobe.ly/Ty949V), disable any third party plug-ins and/or launch the software in a new user account with admin rights? http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-f reezes-windows.html#main_Common_solutions

If the basic troubleshooting steps don't work, would you mind to gather a copy of the crash log, paste it into http://pastebin.com and share the url? You should be able to locate the log by launching the Event viewer and search for the application crash logs of Illustrator.exe. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 4:22 PM   in reply to ZityMap

I down loaded the trial version from Adobe to get through, and will down load CS5 later on my machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 3:36 AM   in reply to amxyz

Thanks. Adobe illustrator (English version) works. One question: how to know when Adobe fix the panish version issue? Any Newsletter will be sent? Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to amxyz

Have error code 1 now.

Updated to 8.1. Illustrator loaded fine. Only when I inserted a jpg/png into the file and tried to save the progam closed.

I uninstalled Illustrator CS6 and downloaded the trial version on CC, same error, just closed the program.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to Conisus

This error occurs in both Illustrator and After Effects CS6, the other programs of the Suite works perfectly. The time will have the solution for this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 8:07 AM   in reply to amxyz

Where can I find an Illustrator CS6 download that works? I uninstalled and tried to re-install from the adobe site files. Didn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to Conisus

Hi Conisus,

Error code 1 is often associated with permission issues. Have you tried installing Illustrator in a new user account with admin rights? If you wish to download CS6, here's how to get it through Creative Cloud: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-cr eative-applications.html

Let us know how it goes.

The Illustrator team is investigating the issue and will provide an update as soon as it's availabile. Again, sorry for the troubles!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to amxyz

I did that, but CC is all that showed up.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to Conisus

That's odd. Did you select the CS6 in the dropdown menu under 'In This Version'?

If that doesn't work, try this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-download s.html

Please proceed to install this product as a trial and you should be able to license it after the installation is complete under Help.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to amxyz

When I go there I download 3 files and open them up. Illustrator_16_LS16.7z will not extract. One opens, Illustrator_16_LS16.exe gets the following error

Exception EAccess Violation in module Illustrator_16_LS16.exe at 0001B836. Access violation at address 0041B836 in module Illustrator_16_LS16.exe read of address 00000008.

Creative cloud doesn't list Illustrator 6 only try CC. Have tried that and I get the Error code 1 same as with CS6. All the other programs are there. There is no real link to just downlad CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to Conisus

On the Creative Cloud page, once you select CS6, did you click on the 'Download'' button on the top right corner? Could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Alternatively, you can try this link: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Please read the Very Important Instruction before proceeding to download. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to amxyz

Under creative cloud apps there is no CS6 to click on.
    cs6.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 7:36 PM   in reply to amxyz

amxyz wrote:

Alternatively, you can try this link: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Please read the Very Important Instruction before proceeding to download. Thanks!

Yes, those should work for any CS6 app in English...  Here also are the CC direct download links if anyone needs a CC English version to quickly grab.

Speculation is this odd glitch could be something on the Microsoft end, as they had some other problems with the Windows 8.1 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to Alexei Humeniy

Same problem here. Windows 8.0 with a fresh install, illustrator CC not working. Fortunatelly I had a full backup to restore. What's your problema Adobe? you have near 9.000 employees, and your software and bugs are going from bad to worse!!

Hope you fire the responsable of this incredible problem! and please hire just responsable people!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points