Skip navigation
cllai
Currently Being Moderated

Linked graphic reverses to its original size in alternate layout

Jun 30, 2013 7:41 PM

Tags: #liquid_layout #link_options #indesign_liquid_layout #alternate_layout_indesign_cs6

Hi, I'm using “Create Alternate Layout” function to export different orientations as well as sizes for my book. However, I’ve encountered problem keeping the graphic (size) inserted in the text frames as it is: the linked graphic in my second layout was resized to better fit the new layout, and I’ve checked every item in “preserve local edits while updating object links”; the graphic is, however, inserted in the threaded text frames (meaning it’s not a single object) in order to keep the text flow. My question is, every time I have updated the contents, the linked graphic in my second layout reverses to its original size. How can I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2014 7:03 AM   in reply to cllai

I have exactly the same problem. The main photo in my (14) alternate layouts resizes whenever I adjust the size of the photo on the original layout, despite my having checked off all and/or a combination of 'preserve local edits' options in the link options dialogue.

I could just place the photo (unlinked from the original layout) into all of my alternate layouts, but life would be easier if Indesign honored the 'preserve local edits' rules I established initially.

What's up with that?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points