Skip navigation
pete ridg
Currently Being Moderated

Migrating from windows 7 to 8

Jun 30, 2013 10:59 PM

I have been upgrading from photoshop 7 through to CS6. Due to collapse in my present laptop I may have to buy another comp,or at least it may be cheaper to. Will my photoshop still work because of the age of the original photoshop 7. Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 11:07 PM   in reply to pete ridg

Not clear what you're asking.

You do not need any prior version to install an upgrade.  All adobe upgrades are FULL INSTALLERS.  They never build on a prior version but always install the new version in full from scratch.

Just install the newest version and you'll be prompted for the qualifying old serial number as well as the new one.

Now, if you're asking whether your old Photoshop 7, by now more than a decade old, will run in your new machine, the answer is probably not, buy why would you care?  

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to pete ridg

Be sure to Deactivate your old copy before installing on new computer.  Do not copy program to other machine, but install with disks or a download.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to pete ridg

Be sure to deactivate. If you want some advice on what laptop specs you should focus on when buying a Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Photoshop CC Laptop I cover a lot of it my blog post here:
    http://robertoblake.com/blog/2013/06/thoughts-on-buying-a-photoshop-cc -laptop

Basically you want to make sure that you have 4GB-8GB of Ram, a Dual-Quad Core Processor 2.0Ghz or better and ideally a dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA or ATI Radeon)

If you plan on using some of the more intense features like 3D in Photoshop you are definitely going to want to have the 8GB of Ram and the Quad Core processor (especially when its time to actually render those 3D graphics for final output)

I hope this helps you out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points