Skip navigation
StevoDevo100
Currently Being Moderated

Trim 7 Sec of Video Clip

Jun 30, 2013 9:09 PM

I have a video clip in my timeline that is 15 minutes long.

I wish to trim 7 seconds of the clip starting at 1:46:00 to 1:53:00

So in other words i wish to end the clip at 1:46:00 and then continue the clip at 1:53:00, essentialy trimming 7 seconds between 1:46:00 & 1:53:00

Can anyone show how to do that? All I'm getting at the moment is how to trim before a clip and the end of a clip which is very easy to do, but my situation is not that its in between the times I have specified above.

I'm using Premiere Elements 11

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 30, 2013 9:23 PM   in reply to StevoDevo100

StevoDevo100

Where are you now with this clip trimming...in the Preview Window with the Set In and Set Out points?

The timecode is set up as 00;00;00;00 representing hours; minutes; seconds; frames. So I am not 100% sure what you have in your 1:46:00 and 1:53:00.

Nonetheless, in principle, move the Timeline Indicator to whatever you are calling 1:46:00, make sure the clip is highlighted (selected) and click on the scissors tag that is attached to the red stem of the Timeline Indicator. That will cut the clip at that point. Then move the Timeline Indicator to the point that you are calling 1:53:00, make sure the clip is highlight (selected) and click on the scissors tag tht is attached to the red stem of the Timeline Indicator.

Now right click the segment that you just created and select Delete and Close Gap.

Does that work for you. Please let us know the outcome.

If you still want to do the same thing in the Preview Window we will supply the details in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 9:25 PM   in reply to StevoDevo100

Launch the Info Panel. With the Cursor over the Tail of that Clip, watch the Info Panel, to see exactly what that Clip's Duration is, as you Trim it.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 9:57 PM   in reply to StevoDevo100

StevoDevo100

If you still want to know how I would go about that in the Preview Window, please let me know. But I went with what I thought was the quickest and easiest way to do what you said that you wanted to do.

Thanks for the follow up.

It is almost 1 am where I am so I will be calling it a day.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points