Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Convert All Instances of a Graphic to a MovieClip

Jul 1, 2013 5:01 AM

Tags: #command #movie_clip #graphic

Okay, so I've created an animation, many parts of which are simple graphics, and everything works fine.

However I've now realised that I need some of the graphics to be movieclips so that I can enable some scripted behaviour. Now, I know how to do this by selecting the frame, selecting the graphic and changing its type to MovieClip, but this only works for a single keyframe at a time which is simply not an option, as I have loads of keyframes for a single graphic, and I have several that need convert.

So what I'd like to know is; is there a way that I can convert all instances of a graphic in a timeline into a movieclip?

If Flash does not have this capability as standard, then are there any scripts/commands that I can install that do this? I have a very useful one for easily naming a heap of movieclip instances, but it won't convert graphics unfortunately.

If no command exists either, then can anyway point me to some good examples of how to create a custom command? In particularly I'd need to know how to find the current selection (frames) and work through them looking for graphics to convert.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to Haravikk

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 9:05 PM   in reply to Haravikk

Hi Haravikk ,

You can check this link - http://gingold.com.au/content/view/89/68/

Let me know in case of any questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,222 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 2, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to sudeshna sarkar

@sudeshna,

among other things, i don't see symbolType documented in the 6/11/13 extending flash pro document, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/extend/flash_extending_reference. pdf

do you know where the latest jsfl features are documented?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 9:19 AM   in reply to kglad

Hi kglad,

SymbolType property has been existing in the previous Flash versions as well. You can check out the headings symbolInstance.symbolType and symbolItem.symbolType in your link to the help doc.

For new Javascript APIs added or modified in Flash CC you may refer the What's New section in the same doc.

-Nipun

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,222 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 2, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to Nipun Asthana

thank you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This