Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

[Bug] Disappearing Code

Jul 1, 2013 7:06 AM

Tags: #actionscript #flash_cc

Since upgrading to Flash CC my colleagues and I have noticed several isntances of code disappearing. We would write code in the FLA on the timeline, save, export, and see the movie working only to be scolded by QA an hour later saying we didn't do any work! We then return to the FLA to find missing blocks of code. Perhaps there is some issue with FLA saving in Flash CC x64? Or perhaps the new code editor (which still lags, I was hoping the new Flash could finally pull of a text editor without lag with reliable code completion) just randomly loses things?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

Are you saving to local folder or to shared drive? Any specific repro steps?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 11:11 PM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

Hi ,

Are you upgrading an old project created in the previous versions of Flash to Flash CC or are you creating a new project in Flash CC itself?

One scenario that I can think of is when you upgrade a FLA created in the older version of Flash which has any AS2 code attached to instances on Stage. In this case the FLA will open up in Flash CC throwing a warning about AS2 code and on trying to save/publish the FLA the actions associated with the buttons or movieclips instances will be ignored.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,195 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

code added to a moveclip timeline will not be saved in flash cc unless something is changed on-stage.  this is a known bug.

to prevent the problem, change something on-stage or don't add code to movieclip timelines (other than the main timeline).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 1:46 AM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

This issue is fixed and will be avaialble in next scheduled patch,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 1:46 AM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

Great to hear it has been fixed, waiting for update. I can confirm this bug. Has been happening to me lately and I thought I was losing my mind, seemed like every fix I made at the end of a session would then disappear on next start up. I am OCD about saving and this really caught me off guard. Just today I managed to recreate the problem several times by opening a movie clip tacking on some code on the end, going to file > save instead of my usual ctrl+s, then closing flash out all together upon return the newly added code was missing. This is a big minus. And yes this file is a port from CS6 but all AS3.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to manojtharwani

Please tell me, is this the same issue?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5578402

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 12:35 PM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

They're layers in some movieclips. The layers on the main timeline seems to work fine

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

I'm understand now. Just the same issue. Thank you!

Looking for the next scheduled patch

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

The easy way to save documents is: After you edited a layer, lock it and unlock it, then save

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2013 2:03 AM   in reply to aconma

Good tip but still this needs to be fixed, if you add up all the wasted time all those who code have lost on the tail end of their projects it would be very significant.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to CuddleBunny3

When can we expect the next patch?  I have a project I'm waiting to finish because I don't want to risk lost code.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to kChamp12

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.h tml#Flash%20Professional%20CC%20Update%201%20%2813.0.1%29

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)