Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Moving files with bridge creates a copy in CQ

Jul 1, 2013 9:24 AM

I am are trying to use Adobe Bridge with Adobe CQ to handle our video content. I've been able to set up bridge and CQ so their metadata fields match. I can edit the video files metadata and other information inside Adobe Bridge and this information is then reflected inside CQ.

The one issue I'm having now is that when I use the Move To function inside Adobe Bridge it doesn't actually move the file. Instead a copy is created and moved to the new folder, the old folder still contains the original file. This ends up breaking workflow inside CQ and makes the function useless. The move function does work fine locally just not when trying to move across the CQ server.

Is it mossible this has to do with permerssions on the CQ side? I'm able to move inside CQ using the same account that I'm connected to Bridge via drive.

Thanks for any help.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 1, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to typpeo

The move function does work fine locally just not when trying to move across the CQ server.

Bridge is designed for single user purposes and officially does not support use over a network. Not said it does not function in a network environment, it is just difficult to set up and to maintain.

Using Bridge to move a file should move it to that location instead of copy unless the folder is on an other disk which logically creates a duplicate on the new disk.

Also try the dedicated CQ5 forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/digital_marketing_suite/cq5

and check this video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobeadobe-innovation-meets-the-enterprise/u sing-adobe-drive-2-bridge-cs5-to-manage-cq-digital-assets/

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 1, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to typpeo

so I'm not sure what you mean by a "network environment".

I have very little knowledge about network usage but for me a server is the hub of a network and a workstation with a user using Bridge is part of that network. Hence my remark to Adobe officially not supporting Bridge for use over a network

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points