Skip navigation
eliza_ab8574
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge crashing when I try to open the export panel

Jul 1, 2013 11:38 AM

I am using Bridge cs6 on a Mac 10.7.5 and it was working fine until it began to crash on every opening. I searched every fix – I dumped cache and preferences on starting, I also did this manually deleting the Cache from the Library folder and the com.adobe.bridge5.plist folder in preferences. I also did this update AdobeBridge_5.0.2_mul_AdobeUpdate.dmg and was then prompted to do this update ApplicationManager7.0_all.dmg. I then thought it might be camera raw issue so I tried doing this update AdobeCameraRaw-7.1-mul-AdobeUpdate.dmg but it told me I couldn’t do that and then when I go to open camera raw preferences it says “camera raw editing is not enabled…” but I can still edit through the Photoshop raw plugin.

I can now edit but not use the export panel. I am currently out to sea doing a photo-documentary project on whales and I am processing hundreds of images. I really need to use the best workflow. Please help!

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 1, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to eliza_ab8574

AAM is the update for the application manager that should take care of all Adobe updates.

Check PS menu Photoshop / about plug in / Camera Raw and see what version (only one should be present) it shows.

You are able to run ACR 8.1 in CS6 , don't know what the max of ACR 7 is but it sure is higher then 7.1 you seem to have.

Also it might be helpful to again try a restart of preferences for both Bridge and PS.

Do a check and repair permissions on your Mac using Apple Disk Utility.

And you could always create a new user account to check if the problems have gone in this new account. If this works in the new account then you can do a Recovery of your current user using apple Disk recovery or use this new user for the time being on your trip.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to eliza_ab8574

You should be on ACR 7.4 to be current.

Should I download an update for camera raw, reset the preferences for

bridge and photoshop and repair the disk again and try it out. (yes)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to eliza_ab8574

In Windows it is Help/Updates.  Mac think About Photoshop/Help/updates.

If that does not work the direct link is made by clicking on Adobe icon in upper left corner and going to downloads

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 7:56 PM   in reply to eliza_ab8574

The site does not like spam so would appreciate not including your website.

Send the first part and the theads that show they have crashed.  No one is an expert that this but will give it a shot.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 2, 2013 1:58 AM   in reply to eliza_ab8574

It looks like I'm running camera raw 7.0.0.3.0.8 in Photoshop. Are you

suggesting that I try to update this?

Yes, according to Curt you could go to 7.4, but 8.1 should also work for you in CS6.

The update for Mac is in the same location as Windows : In photoshop menu help/updates.

This should start the Adobe Application Manager (AAM) that you already have updated according to your previous post.

I had already tried creating a new user and also checking and repairing

permissions of disk utility and that didn't work for bridge but I

haven't restarted the preferences for Photoshop.

This would indicate the problem could be root related and not user related. Try the prefs for PS anyway. hold down Shift + option + command while starting PS, this gives you a window asking to delete the prefs.

Should I download an update for camera raw, reset the preferences for

bridge and photoshop and repair the disk again and try it out. If that

fails maybe I should try and create a new user again.

Preferable you should get an update automatically using the AAM. When this is not working this is an indicator your install is not working correctly.

Trying to reset prefs and repair disk is always a good thing when in trouble but if it does not help after 3 or 4 times it is likely this method is not solving your problems.

Is the process of checking and repairing the disk permission just about

clicking the verify button, letting it do it's thing and then clicking

the repair button?

Verify shows you a list of false permissions and then you can choose to hit repair or not.

Repair first does a check and then start repairing it, it should provide you with a list of repaired permissions if their where such repairs done.

I usually immediately hit the repair button instead of doing it in two steps

I thought the bridge problem must have something to do with a corrupt

export file somewhere as this seems to be the only panel that wont work.

I can't imagine that a corrupt export file would cause problems for Bridge.

To be honest, I never liked the export panel that much and rarely use it. I prefer using custom creating actions in Photoshop and use the menu Tools in Bridge to reach the batch for the selected files.

But also the Image processor does a good job (menu tools / Photoshop / Image Processor.

If the export panel does not work you can choose to reinstall the module. Choose the menu icon top right in the export panel and select manage modules. Then in the panel choose the gear icon and select reinstall modules.

Select the hard drive icon and hit done.

Then drag and drop some files on the save to hard drive icon and try again.

And you can always provide a part of the crash log, Curt seems to be reading them quit well

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points