Skip navigation
mentor972
Currently Being Moderated

DVA Color Themes V2 Error

Jul 1, 2013 2:14 PM

This is the third time this week that I've had to re-instal After Effects and about to be the fourth.

I get this "DVA Color Themes V2" error and then After Effects won't open. Not only does this keep happening, but it's happening with 2 different CC acounts on 2 different Mac Pros.

Once I uninstall (clean) After Effects, then Creative Cloud desktop says it will no longer work on this system. It says "click here" to install the newest version. It takes me to a webpage that says, "click here" to install CC Desktop.

When I click on that, it tries to open the existing CC desktop again. So I run the CC Cleaner and uninstall CC desktop.

Once that's all done, I click on the website again to install CC desktop. The browser says "Can't connect to" aas://jhfdsahifdhsuailfhduisla .... (Paraphrasing)

I restart the system. Install CC Desktop, Install After Effects. After I waste an hour on all that it works for about a day. Then it happens again. It can't be just me since it's on multiple systems, but nobody is having this issue upon a Google search. Please help! I'm so tired of this intall/reinstall/uninstall process.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 5:17 PM   in reply to mentor972

OS? That's a crucial part of the solution. Are other CC apps loading? Without knowing what kind of a system you have we are just blindly shooting in the dark.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 4:37 PM   in reply to mentor972

I'm running CC on 4 macs, 3 are new 1 is old, the entire suite is installed. No problems like you are describing. I think there must be something else on your system that is causing the conflict.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 8:01 PM   in reply to mentor972

I agree with Rick, it sounds like something installed on (all of) your machines is conflicting with AE. Are you using any 3rd party plug-ins? Can you post a screen shot of the error dialog, and also take a sample using Activity Monitor while the error is up? (in Activity Monitor, double-click on the AE process, then click the Sample button in the lower left corner)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to CoSA_DaveS

I've seen an instance of a third-party script interacting with the color theme file in a bad and odd way. So, when you're asnwering Dave's question about third-party extensions, consider scripts as well as plug-ins.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points