Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CC crashes on quit. Windows 7. I've removed Batang.ttc from my system... (updated)

Jul 1, 2013 3:47 PM

...and run the script from here. I don't have any third party plugins or scripts. I'm using defaut workspaces. Anyone have suggestions?

Windows says dvaui.dll is the problem. Anyone know how to replace repair this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 4:13 PM   in reply to mrralphsanders

Did you go to the help page, download the script and run it as the instructions direct?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to mrralphsanders

You can try a reinstall, in case the .dll is actually damaged, but if that doesn't help, you probably need to call tech support (who probably can't help you, but it will get the problem in the pipeline).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 4:17 AM   in reply to mrralphsanders

Anytime you get a repeatable crash scenario that can't be fixed by doing the ordinary steps (including trashing the prefs, if you haven't tried that -- see Replace Your Preferences) it should be reported because it means there's a programming problem of some sort. Windows is not, unfortunately, helpful with crash reports that would ease diagnosis. Your report would hopefully help other users in the future. If you don't want to call, please at least fill out the bug report form if more font troubleshooting, etc doesn't get you running: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to mrralphsanders

As far as I know the cleaner tool does work. It should remove any traces of the apps so you can reinstall fresh.

As far as how others are faring, it's a bit early to know. I think we may have seen one other report of crash on exit on Windows 7, but I also think a prefs change fixed it (I haven't done a search to confirm). There ARE plenty of reports of trouble that seem to be font related, and it might not hurt to temporarily move all the non-required fonts out of your Fonts folder temporarily and see if it stops crashing. Trying a new user would be a good diaganostic test, as well.

And I hear you about wiping the drive. Why is it that always seems to be IT's first reaction?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to mrralphsanders

Don't see where I actually provided much help here. I will say that removing any third party items is always one of the first trouble-shooting steps to try.

And I'm pretty sure Marc would like to hear from you about this...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points