Skip navigation
jeanval1929
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get the Export Panel in Bridge (Cloud version)?

Jul 1, 2013 3:31 PM

I installed the Cloud version of Bridge and the Export Panel is no longer present. I had no such problem with the CS6 version. It does not show up on the panel list menu nor in the Panel section that includes collections (where it is supposed to be). Is this a bug in the Cloud version?
Anyone know how to get the panel in there?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 4:19 PM   in reply to jeanval1929

Moved from the Creative Cloud to the Bridge forum. They will be able to help you here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 5:09 PM   in reply to jeanval1929

Not a "bug".  Adobe removed it intentionally.  They want you to use that functionality in Photoshop.

Don't kill the messenger.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

The Forum can't help with this -- only the Product Manager for Bridge has it within his powers to put the matter right by restoring the modules (including AOM and Export) which were so mis-guidedly removed from Bridge CC.

The Bridge PM needs to make the time to visit this Forum regularly and frequently so that he can gain a better understanding of what his Customers actually NEED!

Senior engineers from both the Photoshop and ACR teams take the time and trouble to visit and contribute to Forums which relate to their products so it shouldn't be asking too much to expect the same degree of involvement from the Product Manager for Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

Senior engineers from both the Photoshop and ACR teams take the time and trouble to visit and contribute to Forums which relate to their products so it shouldn't be asking too much to expect the same degree of involvement from the Product Manager for Bridge.

Adobe policy - visit forums on personal time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Fine . . . But those engineers and PMs who seem to care about their products DO make the time -- "personal time" or otherwise -- and, at senior Manager-level, I doubt if anyone is actually counting?!

It says everything about someone's commitment to both his Product and his Company when he does make the time.

The converse is also true.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to jeanval1929

After spending a couple of days trying to figure out what happened to the Export Panel in Bridge Creative Cloud, finally found out that it was intentionally dropped.

How lame: that is one of the great batch processing and time saving routines! Really hope it reappears: I do a magazine for underwater photographers, and this will be another knock on Creative Cloud for users.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 7:27 PM   in reply to Dan_Clements

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Aug 31, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to gener7

No, that is not right I'm afraid.

Bridge CC discontinued 3 major features: Adobe Output Module, Export Module and Synchronized Windows.

After many protests Adobe made only the Output Module again available as separate download (your provided link) but Export Module and Sync windows are gone for CC.

@Dan, don't know why it took several days (search on this forum is indeed not all that easy) but there are several (and very long) threads about those issues in the Bridge Forum itself

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 10:58 AM   in reply to jeanval1929

First off, the Output Module is different from the Export Panel. As folks have indicated, the Export Panel has been dropped from Bridge CC.

Second, the work around is: Choose Files > Photoshop > Image Processor. Not as clean as the Export Panel, but it works.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Who is able to help us here??

Adobe destroyed one of the most efficient Workflows for Photographers.

-> Right click on Pictures -> "Export to" -> jpg

#########

Alternatives:

#########

Image Processor -> Uses Photoshop and Blocks it for hours while processing 100+ Images

LR -> cataloge based not network-compatible childish addon for CameraRaw

CameraRaw(Save as) -> no size presets, no metadata presets, simply not as comfortable and AGAIN you have to deal with .psd files in Photoshop

Seems the only alternative is using CaptureOne?? Or some adobe guy realizes the error and fixes it...

Please let us know as soon as possible!!!!!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 3, 2013 6:24 AM   in reply to dphoto_at_

As I understand your frustration sadly enough this is primarily a user to user forum and complaining to Adobe here has little to no effect I'm afraid

As a CC subscriber you still have access to CS6 but you can only run 1 version of Bridge at the time. If you want to use PS while Bridge is busy with export panel you could switch back to CS6.

This is far from ideal but if you have a dedicated folder and copy or move the files to this folder you could then close Bridge CC, start Bridge CS (be sure to have set the cache quality to 'prefer embedded thumbs' to save time in caching and run the export job while keep working in PS.

Just a thought and as said far from ideal, but using LR or CaptureOne (long time ago I tried this, did not like it then) also means caching so maybe the CS6 D-tour makes sense?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Unfortunatley this solution is only a short term workaround, i talked to multiple adobe support people in germany, they said everybody is complaining about this issue.

They admited that there is no "real" solution and to not beeing able to influence the US software developers. They just suggested a post in this forum

It would be nice if everybody who is upset by this issue could write a POST in this thread!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 3, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to dphoto_at_

It would be nice if everybody who is upset by this issue could write a POST in this thread!!

In my experience it is very hard to reach the Adobe decision makers (read the bean counters) but this forum is certainly not the most successful place. Try this one for a start:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

But again, listening to customers is not the strongest point of Adobe decision makers….

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to Dan_Clements

Done too!

The Export Panel Module is a key part of my workflow. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points