Skip navigation
BigI995
Currently Being Moderated

Camera Shake

Jul 1, 2013 4:07 PM

Tags: #problem #elements #11 #question #elements_9 #premiere_elements_11

Anyone tell me if Premier Elements 11 will fix camera shake? I am using AVCHD and thinking of upgrading from Elements 9 to 11, but only if it will fix this..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to BigI995

Not sure, but you can search for yourself

Online User Guide http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html

-Page to download current PDF http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to BigI995

Have you looked into ProDAD's Mercalli. It gets very good reviews. http://www.prodad.com/home/products/video_optimization/300391667,l-us. html

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 5:39 PM   in reply to BigI995

Big1995

As far as I have ever heard correcting camera shake seen in Premiere Elements = trying to use Premiere Elements' Video Stabilizer video effect for that task.

You say that you are upgrading from Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 to 11. Did not version 9.0/9.0.1 have a Video Stabilizer effect among its video effects? It should have. Version 11 has that the Video Stablizer also.

Is that what you are looking for when you talk about correcting "camera shake"?

But the Video Stabilizer can do just so much depending on the degree of the camera shake.

Please take a look at the Video Stabilizer video effect in the following Adobe Tech Note

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS4B8135DA-083C-42e b-B09E-65070ECBC889.html#WSeffff8bffc802084cc1873012fdd6069b3-8000

You need to scroll down quite a bit in the article to get to it.

But, if you cannot get the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Video Stablizer to work for you, I am not sure of your gains with it in version 11.

Have you decided to download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 11 from Adobe to get a first hand look at the Video Stabilizer in version 11?

There used to be a lot of interest in the ProDad Mercalli Video Stabilizer. I have not heard much about it lately so I am not sure if it is in or out of favor. Something for you to explore after you explore what Premiere Elements can do for you with your specific footage.

ATR

Add On...I did not see Hunt's post until after I had submitting mine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 5:56 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Even though a version of After Effects Warp Stabalizer was added to later versions of PrPro (with a few problems), the PrPro crowd still uses Mercalli often. It does seem that if one has After Effects, its Warp Stabilizer is quite good.

Since I last looked ProDAD has updated Mercalli, and added a new version. I have zero experience with either of the new ones.

While nothing beats a good set of legs, and maybe a fluid head, or a steadi-cam rig, Mercalli still gets good reviews.

A few other, similar programs have come and gone, Mercalli is still hanging around.

You make a great, and very important point - any post-production plug-in can ONLY do so much. [That probably needs to be done in bright red.] One additional drawback is that to apply the stabilization, the Image is often Scaled down slightly, to allow room for the stabilized Image. To fill the Frame back up again, there is usually a tiny bit of Scale needed. If the footage is otherwise great, that will not be an issue. However, if it is marginal material, disregarding the camera shake, that might be a tipping point in quality.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 8:09 PM   in reply to BigI995

Big1995

Thanks for the follow up and what sounds like a lot of promising news.

Keep in mind that the Video Stablilizer is one of those video effects that takes much much more time to render when you render Timeline content to which is has been applied. So, do not think something is wrong if you run into that type of situation.....this applies to all Premiere Elements versions with the Video Stablizer effect.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points