Skip navigation
llmcadam
Currently Being Moderated

Seeing what I have selected

Jul 1, 2013 3:38 PM

With so many elements overlapping I sometimes am not sure if I have selected what I intended. In Illustrator there was a window(transparency window) that showed what was actually selected. Any help on this, can't seem to find anything in my book about it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 3:44 PM   in reply to llmcadam

The Layers panel in ID now works like the one in AI so you might use that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2013 10:13 PM   in reply to llmcadam

There's a feature (or maybe just a quirk) of Illustrator that I wish ID would have. Maybe it's a setting, so if it is, I hope someone can tell me so that I can reset it.

If you hide an object in Illustrator (Command 3), then hide another, when you unhide (Option Command 3), both objects will be selected when they appear. Locking works the same if you prefer that to hiding. You can hide each item you want, one at a time, and if something hides that you don't want, you just undo and try again. When you unhide, everything you hid will be selected, and you can you can do what ever you need to do with the selection. In ID, the items just unhide without being selected.

Maybe that's a feature request, but maybe I just don't know how to set it up that way in ID.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to Michael Gianino

Completely agree there Michael. That's usually the only time I use Command 3 in Illustrator.

Now that's it in Indesign as well, it should have exactly the same behaviour.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points