Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Resources or Book for getting started

Jul 1, 2013 4:53 PM

I'm trying to get to grips with Extension Builder.  I have fairly simple needs - however they go beyond the ability of Configurator.  I'm comfortable with jsx scripting and configurator, and develop in Delphi - so I'm not a total beginner - although with action script / Extension Builder I am. 

I'm struggling to find the correct resources to get me started as it's not clear to me exactly what I need to learn.  Should I be looking for a Flashbuilder application guide - or shoudl I be looking for some other book?

To provide a little more context - I want to create is a menu that's populated when photoshop starts with text from a file.  Looks like the pop-up menu in a panel is the component to do this - but I need to learn how to read the file and populate the menu and assign actions.  The menu items should then call a jsx code (or other method of shelling out if required) with a parameter.  So if the text file contains:

'Text Item 1',1

'Text Item 2',2

'Text Item 3',5

Then I want three menu items labelled 'Text Item 1', 'Text Item 2' and 'Text Item 3' where selecting the menu items calls a jsx with parameters 1,2 and 5 respectively. I've happily done this in Bridge using a jsx script - but doing this in photoshop seems a different kettle of fish...

So - are there any recommenations for dummies guides to help me through this?

thanks in advance!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points