Skip navigation
bebasanch
Currently Being Moderated

downgrading from cs6 to cs5.5 ?

Jul 1, 2013 8:53 PM

I have a Mac osx 10.8.4.  Having rendering problems with cs6 after effects.  Slow and buggy and lack of memory erros.  Does not perfome well at all.  After reading many forums about issue.  I have desided to move back to CS5.5 after effects. 

Here is the problem.  I have CS5 design premium.  I have located a CS5.5 after effects upgrade.  Can i upgrade one stand alone application from a suite?  I know you can not do that upgrading from cs5.5 to cs6, but what about moving backwards?

If not, can I increase memory and power to a 3.06 GHZ intel core i3, 4gb 1333 MHz Ram Mac?  Will this solve the problem? 

Thanks,

Maria

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2013 8:55 PM   in reply to bebasanch

For After Effects CS6, make sure that you've installed the latest updates ( http://adobe.ly/lsrkmJ ). They fix a lot of problems, incliding working around a bug in Mac OSX memory management.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 10:01 PM   in reply to bebasanch

> I am on the cloud so that should not be an issue, right?

What do you mean?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to bebasanch

> I am on the creative cloud now.  I am using the newest CS6 applications.  I assumed that they would be updated through the cloud.

No. You have control over when to apply updates, including bug-fix updates.

> If I have design premuim cs5, can I upgrade ONLY the After Effects application with a stand alone AE cs5.5 upgrade?

I don't think so. You'll need to contact Customer Service about that:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

> AE still renders slow.

If you give us more specifics, including exact error messages and what you're doing that is slow, we may be able to help you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points