Skip navigation
hballwood
Currently Being Moderated

How do I transfer or access my personal dictionary from Dreamweaver CS4 to CC CS6

Jul 1, 2013 11:56 PM

I have spent years building up a personal medical dictionary in Dreamweaver CS4 and have recently updated to Creative Cloud team CS6 (and about to update again) but I can't seem to get my new version to recognise my personal dictionary (it was created via: 'Command/Check Spelling/Add to Personal)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 12:28 AM   in reply to hballwood

[Moved from Cloud forum to Dreamweaver forum where DW users will probably be able to help you more]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 1:18 AM   in reply to hballwood

Locate the "Personal Dictionary MX.tlx" file on your computer. You can search hidden files and folders to find this file, or browse to the directory.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:Users\[your login]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\Common.

Windows XP:Documents and Settings\[your login]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\Common.

Mac OS X: the path is Macintosh HD:Users:[your login]:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS4:Common

1.Launch Dreamweaver CS6 and see what language you have the dictionary set to . Edit > Preferences > General > Spelling Dictionary > Take note of what it is set to.

2. Navigate to C:\Users\UsernameAppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\UserDictionaries\Adobe Custom Dictionary\{locale}\added.txt

Paste the contents from the "Personal Dictionary MX.tlx" to "added.txt"

HTH

Bhawna Gupta

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 3:56 AM   in reply to hballwood

I hope I have got it properly, you were able to get the dictionary from CS4 and now you are not able to view it in CS6 despite of saving it. Please try the steps below.

1. Open Dreamweaver CS6 < Go to preferences and set the Spelling Dictionary to "English (United States)" < Ok.

2. Quit Dreamweaver CS6.

3. Copy the "added.txt" file from en_GB folder and paste it in en_US folder in Adobe Custom Dictionary folder.

4. Launch DW again and check the dictionary.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 12:19 AM   in reply to hballwood

Is there a way you can send me your "personal dictionary MX.tlx" file so that I can look into it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to hballwood

Please post the file on a secure file sharing site and send the URL to me over a private message.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 3:58 AM   in reply to hballwood

You can use yousendit  free trial.Post me that in a private message.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points