Skip navigation
KairoZ
Currently Being Moderated

Shortcut on MAC for a filter menu

Jul 2, 2013 3:04 AM

In windows I always use ALT+T shortcut to open Filter menu in Photoshop. That make my work faster.

How can I do the same thing on MAC? I can not understand. Help please.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 3:08 AM   in reply to KairoZ

On Mac one can assign a Keyboard Shortcut to

System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyvoard & Text… > Move focus to the menu bar

, then use that and navigate through the menu with the arrow-keys.

Did you definitely mean the menu or possibly a dialog window?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,844 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jul 2, 2013 6:15 AM   in reply to KairoZ

Sorry, I know zilch about Macs, but I did find this with Google and 'Mac os x open menu with keyboard'

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20071029162002292

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to KairoZ

KairoZ wrote:

…I am a full noob in MAC OS…

That is quite obvious from your typing "MAC" instead of Mac.

It's Mac for Macintosh.  MAC is an acronym with an entirely different connotation and denotation in computing.

Yes, I always use a mouse (or tablet) to access a menu. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,844 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jul 2, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to KairoZ

I've just read the macworld article again, and it looks like a doable workaround to me.  Is there any reason why you couldn't make it work?  Unfortunately, I can't test it with my hardware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to KairoZ

KairoZ wrote:

…Anyway windows hotkeys with Alt + underlined letter is usefull, faster and better…

Go back to Windows, then. 

It sounds like you switched from Windows to Mac without actually working on a Mac to see whether it suited you  or not.

Switching platforms is a big step.  One should give it considerable thought.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 11:13 PM   in reply to KairoZ

And it`s sad.

While I am a Mac user I do not argue that it is a superior OS, but if you dislike its handling why did you switch?

As for minimizing your cursor distances in Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts and Configurator Panels might be worth looking into if you should not be familiar with them yet.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,844 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jul 3, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to KairoZ

KairoZ wrote:

There's ability in Photoshop to assign a hotkey to any filter you need. But if I use sometimes more then 10 different filters, I have to assign 10 new hotkeys, that's not very good.

Thanks.

I believe you can use various gaming keyboards with Mac computers.  They would give you a bunch of single key options for launching little Actions.   Having said that, I use a Logitech G110 which has 12 additional programable keys, that can be toggled thre different ways - and I never use them.  I bought the keyboard for its illuminated keys, but they are nowhere near bright enough to be useful.  In fact, I used to find mis hits a PITA, so I programed the keys to exactly the same function as their nearest regular key.  

I've mentioned the Power Shortcuts video from this year's Adobe max a couple of times on the forum, which inspired me to do better with my keyboard shortcuts.  Especially some of the really cool tips in the video.  But will I ever get round to it?   Please please please watch the video.  It really is that good.  As for me, well I've got a token that I'll try and use some time soon

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oBFoui7Gu2Y/Trge48ieqAI/AAAAAAAAErk/a5CE3r282h8/s400/RT+1.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 4:49 AM   in reply to station_two

A number of abusive replies have been removed due to complaints.

Personal insults directed towards other forum members will not be tolerated.

Play nice or this thread will be locked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 4:51 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

Thank you, David.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers