Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Disappearing bins

Jul 2, 2013 4:30 AM

Any ideas?  I had 8 - 10 bins established, with many clips in each bin.  I was working with the files in one bin yesterday, when I saved and closed out.  When I reopened Premiere Pro CS6 all the bins were gone.  All I saw were the files from the bin I was working from, but even that bin was gone.  What could possibly have happened?  I've just cleared out my media cache database, but obviously that didn't bring the bins back, or all the clips that were in them.  Before I go to all the work of recnstituting the bins, I'd like some sense of what happened.

Another concern is that I am capturing HDV from camera.  It's nice that I can log clips right to the appropriate bins, and all those bins are still there in the capture window.  But when I create new ones with the same name, I'm expecting trouble.

Thanks for any help.

Doug

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to dswift743

I've never seen or heard of that happening before.  My best guess here is operator error.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to dswift743

It sounds like the Project Panel is drilled down into the bin you were last working on. If that's the case, the Project panel's tab will read "Bin: <Bin name>" rather than "Project: <project name>".

One way out of this is click the little folder icon with the up arrow in the upper left corner of the panel.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points