Skip navigation
Matthew Kevin Warburton
Currently Being Moderated

Creating PDF from Word using Acrobat XI the text on images is flipped

Jul 2, 2013 8:37 AM

Tags: #word #pdf #creation #2010 #flipped #mirrored

When I PDF a Word document with images in - the text from the images is recognised but is mirrored and flipped upside down.  This is only happening on graph type images, so each image has a title with writing on the X and Y axis (all which are part of the same JPEG inside word), so i'm guessing Acrobat/Distiller is regognising the text but for some reason it thinks it is going in the wrong direction and doing some sort of autocorrect when creating the PDF.  I have gone through every setting I can see in Distiller with no luck.

This is using Word 2010 and creating the PDF using the ribbon with Acrobat XI.  Even when inside Acrobat I can't seem to get the text the right way as mirroring text doesn't seem to be an option, only mirroring an image, but when selected in Acrobat it recognises it as text.  Perhaps turning OCR off would help if that is possible.  Although it would be better to stop it happening in the initial creation of the PDF rather than having to edit it.  This problem doesn't happen in any other previous versions we have used.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to Matthew Kevin Warburton

If you open the Content navigation pane on the left-hand side, is the text recognized as text or an image?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to LoriAUC

Does this happen when you print the DOC file to a printer? Does it happen if you use the MS PDF plugin?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to Matthew Kevin Warburton

Does the same problem occur if you print to the Adobe PDF printer from within WORD? Have you updated Acrobat to 11.0.03?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

Are you sure the graphics aren't embedded Excel files or charts in Word? Can you post a link to an example?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to Matthew Kevin Warburton

Hello, my Acrobat is too printing mirrored image text over standard page graphics.  First noted while printing from Publisher this afternoon.  Is there a solution yet?  The job needs to go to printers tommorow AM.

This occurrs whether printing suing High Quality or Standard settings. Having read many discussions, this is not occurring when printing from other softwres such as MSO 2007.  This is happens when any software prints to Acrobat Standard (8.3.1.289).  On WinXp SP 3.  MSO is 2007 Enterprise.  Have run both Adobe diagnostics and MSO and have no known errors.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points