Skip navigation
Marco Candello
Currently Being Moderated

How to decrease canvas size for logo animation?

Jul 2, 2013 1:22 PM

Hello all,

I have a logo animation with 1024px X 768px resolution on AE CS6. I need it to be a Head Banner for a website, so it needes to be with around 700px X 130px. How can I change the canvas size without stretching/loosing the configuration of the image?

There is no problem if I cut parts of the top and bottom of the video, I just can't change the logo proportion, and altought I don't need to show the entire effect, I need to show the entire logo.

Here is an example of what my animation looks like: http://videohive.net/item/fireball-opener/5073618?WT.ac=category_thumb &WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=ERAGUN

Thanks for the help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Marco Candello

You change the comp size and render thje cropped result. By all means do read the AE help.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Marco Candello

I managed to do it with the "Region of Interest" tool, that was what I was looking for to crop in the size I needed. Thanks anyway!

Actually, that's not a very good nor very accurate way to do it.  To make size changes like the one you want, make comp in the desired dimensions, nest the bigger comp in it, then scale and position as needed.  The results are much better.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 3:01 PM   in reply to Marco Candello
    1. Make comp in the size you want.
    2. Put the big comp right inside it, just like a piece of footage.  It's now nested.
    3. Twirl down the properties thingy.
    4. Adjust Scale and Position to fit.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to Marco Candello

If you need Dave's step-by-step to do something like this, do yourself a huge favor and go through the resources linked here. It will help eliminate a lot of the frustration you're experiencing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points