I am investigating an issue that causes an FMS core to randomly restart. During this investigation I have referenced the FMS help documentation that gets me part of the way of deciphering the issue but not all of the way: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WS5b3ccc516d4 fbf351e63e3d119f29260bd-7ff3.html
Based on the above, it appears that (w)2581256 is a (w) warning regarding the 258 (TCServer) but what is 1256 (message ID)? Where can I look it up? Also, what is TCServer?
1. The server version is: FMS 4.5.5 r4013 on Windows Server 2008r2 x64
2. The master.xx.log shows the following during the time of the error:
#Version: 1.0 #Start-Date: 2013-07-02 12:02:06 #Software: Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5.5 r4013 x64 #Date: 2013-07-02 #Fields: date time x-pid x-status x-ctx x-comment 2013-07-02 12:02:04 1584 (i)2581223 Core (3016) is no longer active. - 2013-07-02 12:02:04 1584 (w)2581256 Core (3016) _defaultRoot_:_defaultVHost_:::_0 experienced 1 failure[s]! - 2013-07-02 12:02:04 1584 (i)2581221 Core (4800) started, arguments : -adaptor "_defaultRoot_" -vhost "_defaultVHost_" -app -inst -tag "_0" -conf "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\conf\server.xml" -name "_defaultRoot_:_defaultVHost_:::_0". -
3. Outside of that I don't see any errors in the edge, access, core, or application logs around that time. I also don't see anything in the OS logs.
4. During the time, the OS CPU, Memory, and Bandwidth In/Out appear to be within reason.
5. I've taken a look through the FMS forum and although there are a number of posts that reference issues when (w)2581256 is showing up in master.xx.log, none of them seem very related to this issue, and the ones that are have no answers.