Skip navigation
SweetpeaGreen
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop file placed in InDesign problem

Jul 2, 2013 1:38 PM

Tags: #indesign #cs6 #text_problem #photoshop_file

I'm using InDesign CS6. I've created a document in InDesign which includes text, but when I place in a photoshop image it makes all the text appear as if it has a white/glowing outline. When i delete the photoshop file from the document the problem dissapears! I exported the document as a PDF to test it (in case it's just something I'd see in InDesign rather than something that would be printed). The problem isn't there when I view the PDF in Preview, but when I view the PDF in Acrobat Pro, or open it in Illustrator, the problem is there.

I've tested copying all the elements of the document to a new document in InDesign and the problem was still there. However, when I copied and pasted just 1 text box to a new document the problem was not there!

Also, when I change the colour of the text the problem seems to dissapear. The colour of my text is black.

I can't work out what's going on. Perhaps I've applied a setting in InDesign by mistake?

Thanks for your help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 3:50 PM   in reply to SweetpeaGreen

Do you see it in Overprint Previe and with high quality image display in InDesign?

Apple Preview is not a good and reliable PDF viewer, don't use it. If something is shown wrong then in Preview.

Don't open any PDF which were not created with Illustrator in Illustrator, it will will destroy the fonts.

• What ius the transparency blending space of your document?
    • Which black are you using? In [] or a self defined?
    • Are you using any transparency effects, like drop shadow or shine or …?
    • Is the text above or below the image? Do you work with layers?
    • How do you produce your pdf? Export? Printing? Which settings?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points