Skip navigation
Fremantle
Currently Being Moderated

problem filling in PDF form

Jul 2, 2013 2:13 PM

when I write text in the first highlighted box, then move to the next one, the text is automatically copied, and so on. If I change the text to the correct text for the next box it automatically changes the text above to the same. I can't figure this one out at all.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 2:24 PM   in reply to Fremantle

This is an error that was made when the form was created. If EVERY field has the same attributes (especially the name of the field) the input data will "auto populate". I use this feature in contracts that require both parties to initial sections throughout. They only have to initial once and the entire form is initialed, because all the initial fields have the same name.  When there are multiple values needed in a form, this not only doesn't work well, as you've seen, it messes the whole thing up.

You need to contact the author of the form and advise them of what I posted here. They need to edit the form.

Otherwise, your only option is to print it and fill it out by hand.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2013 3:09 PM   in reply to Mike M

Yup. The creator probably didn't know any better and copy/pasted all of the text boxes to replicate them and didn't change the names.

Rookie mistake (that I've made myself) 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points